Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I woould like to compile a list of owner of the Deering - McCormick Deering Horse drawn corn picker built from 1907 to 1929, note you could also buy a tractor hitch for this picker...In the list I would like to include restored pickers, pickers still in their work clothes to pickers in need of restoring to parts picker. Just a note also I have some new old stock parts for this picker.....Please add a reply and tell us what condition your picker is in, and if you don't mind where you are located, contact info.
At the present time I am in the process of buying a picker that needs to be restored and is missing the elevator, I worked with one of these picker that is in original working order, Thankyou

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd say there are about 150 of them within 30 miles of me and another 200-250 parts machines. All the Amish here are still using them.

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So where are located? Would you have a number I could call for parts?

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In Northern NY. I don't know who you'd call for parts other than BW Macknair maybe.

Kevin Happke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So would you have his number? Also do you have any amish contacts in that area and if So would you have an address? Thanks

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I suggest you google BW Macknair for the number.

I'm not sure what you're doing- are you trying to create a registry, sell parts you have or buy parts you need? Farm Collector Magazine, Small Farmers Journal and Rural Heritage may also be able to help you. All 3 available at TSC.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you two talking about the same machine? I wouldn't think there would be that many of the ground-drive PICKERs left. I have seen lots of McCormick BINDERs still in use, though.

john deere haverstor guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yea i only know of one ground driven Mcormick corn picker. Who ever owns it brings it to Rantoul. Sounds to me like somebody got pickers and binders mixed up.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: McCormick Horse Drawn Corn Picker Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You guys may be right. I know of BINDERS, not pickers. Sorry if you were looking for pickers, my bad.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.