Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DC Puller Project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim McVay
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At the Florida Flywheeler show, the DC got 2 first place and 1 second place in the 4500 Antique Class.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,
I like those spoker rears and the VA fronts. Congrats, and neat pic.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,
I like those spoker rears and the VA fronts. Congrats, and neat pic.
Loren

Josh Blackburn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Jim, I work on a lot of old deeres for the fam and customers. Recently bought a case 350 (199 made) so I've been watching this forum a little here and there. Your second must have come against my grandfather Doug chapman on his JD A? He said he was in a Pull off against a case and lost once then had a good hook and won. What kind of power is your case making?

Jim McVay
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes Doug Chapman was the one that beat me by 2 feet when I fell in a soft spot. Beat him and another good unstyled A the next day when they both went left and fell into the hole I fell into the day before. My DC has stock 4" flat tops with a LP head making about 45 HP. He has a really good tractor. All the Deeres were running 15.5s and me on 13.6s.

Jim McVay
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wednesday was the pull off that I won by a foot. Friday Doug won by 2 and Saturday I won by 38. I have a 351 Case also. My dad and I play around fixing them up. We have 13 motorized pieces now.

Jim McVay
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Told Doug I would give him a tour of the farm I work at. 26,000 acres of Citrus,sod,cattle and suar cane. I run the shop

Josh Blackburn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a huge farm! I had a 351 and let it go, kicking myself now. It was a nice tractor. Put a newer 614b intake and carb on it and picked up 12 hp. 54 hp out out the g-164. So I bought the 350 and plan to make some more with it since I build my own cranks its looking like I can fit a decent stroke in it. I plan to visit Florida for the march show. Hope to meet you all then since I always hear about how good these cases run you guys hAve lol. Id like to bring down our 650 cube Unstyled A for the faster classes

Jim McVay
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DC Puller Project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I included my e-mail. I too added a different intake and carb to my 351. The last show at Flywheelers is at the end of Feburary. If you have time I can show you around the farm. I heard about that 100 hp A. It is all about balance and tires down here.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.