Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what about a head light?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
poorfarmall 1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just got a cheapo light,straps on your head.
i think its great,now i just need to find,a nice good quality one!

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got 2, and really like them. Hands free and always where i'm looking.

Donovan from wisconsin

Bleeding Orange SW Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have used them for years. Handy as a shirt pocket. Bright enough to do chores after dark, and compact enough to be a spotlight when working in tight places. I wore out one of my old Petzl units that used 4-AA batteries, and replaced it with a newer Petzl model that uses 3-AAA batteries. The batteries last longer in the new one, and the beam is much brighter. I also invested in rechargeable batteries for that and several other battery-operated gizmos. I like Energizer, and have a couple of rechargers that will take AA, AAA, C, D, and 9V. More cost up front, but paid for themselves before too long. Plus, I don't throw away very many batteries anymore.

gmccool
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one of the best on the market. It is called HeadsUp Lite. It is made by Pelican Products USA. It is #2620. I love mine & wouldn't be without it. Gerald

Stephen Newell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Somebody makes a ball cap with lights in the brim. I think I would like that better.

d beatty

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have two different style of lights . Both are made by Energizer. One is just clear lights that fits on bill of cap. The other has a elastic stap that goes around your head, It has low & high beam clear lights and you can turn it around and wear it on the back of your head and switch the light to red lights. This light is great if you break down at night and have to walk for help so traffic can see you.

NCWayne
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked for one several years back to use while working up in the ceiling at the airport. I wound up getting a three pack of the LED ones from Home Depot. I can't remember what lumen the ones I got put out, but on the high mode it was in the mid range of the ones available at the time. That said, some is better than none, and mine worked fine for what I was doing with it, but do some looking and find the highest output you can. Beyond the output rating pretty much all of the ones I looked at were all but identical other than a name brand and a higher price for it.

Roy in UK
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the most interesting situations I have ever seen one of those been used was by a vet. She used to wear one on her head when she was doing on farm operations such as caesarean sections on cows if the available light was insufficient.

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got several of these and gave a few to neighbors (found a box of 20 still in the pack in a dumpster).... Real nice and last pretty good on cheap batteries..

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-61052-Septor-Headlamp-Strap/dp/B00064YL7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1352793946&sr=8-1&keywords=streamlight+septor

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JOB posted a coupon for one below.
click here

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think we still sell them at the feed store. Good light and hat.

Ralph, Ohio
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might want to check at Cabelas. I think some of the dog sled racers in the Iditarod use lights from Cabelas & they need serious light under harsh conditions.

Russ from MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We use them, and love them, but mine has started flickering. the batteries are new so I assume it's the bulbs, has anyone ever tried changing LED bulbs in them? They look soldered in and there are some resistors etc.It's a Brinkman and I think it was spendy, and I liked it very well!

JOHNNYfromMI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look at the ones designed for firefighters.

Galls Darley etc.

scotc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: what about a head light? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LEDs don't flicker when they go bad, they just die. Unless there was a cold solder that let go, it's more likely your batteries. Are they name brand or el cheapo wally's-mart brand?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.