Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A tool to be proud to own

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whenever I build something this is one of the tools that I use. I proudly hang it on the wall of my shop when not in use so it can be found when needed. Every man should have one.

Photobucket

Grampy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll order one right now!!, May never need that board stretcher again !!!

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brings up the question of what is "whack"?

Everyone talks about something being "out of whack", but nobody knows what whack is.

Ellis Kinney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot to mention the old pipefitters favorite measurement, cut just a chiggerturd off that piece of pipe. Ellis

Handyman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what if you need to measure off a skosh, does it have a conversion for that?

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How 'bout a tailpipe stretcher?

In one squadron I was in in the Marine Corps, the engine shop got a brand new Pfc, right out of school. One day the MSgt in charge of the shop told the kid to get him 50 yards of flight line. The kid bit and got burned.

Coupla days later, the same MSgt told the Pfc to bring him a tailpipe stretcher, which there actually was. It was a tool to expand a metal fairing to fit over a lip on the rear of a jet engine. I'm sure it had a high falutin' military name and nomenclature, but it was commonly referred to as a tailpipe stretcher.

The Pfc had been burned once, he argued for 15 minutes there wasn't any such thing as a tailpipe stretcher.

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How many RCH's to a chiggerturd, again???

FloridaFrank

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We certainly know what whack is. I often use a cresent wrench to add whack. When needing to add a lot of whack a ball peen hammer is preferred.

to_many_irons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dang cut that board 3 times and its still to short .[ sad but all most true ]

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Donno how proud I'd be, but it sure would be handy more than a few times!

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Diydave wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:29:45 11/13/12) How many RCH's to a chiggerturd, again???

Don't know but I am trying to recall if an RCH is 1/2 or 2/3 of a CH.

Mike(NEOhio)

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I worked at a Fisher Body plant back in the late '60s they would send a tool room apprentice up to the main supply crib for a roll of 1/8 pipe thread.

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish I had a buck for every trip I've seen a temp employee make to the boiler room for a bucket of steam. One kid made 6 trips one night, on the 7th trip I stopped him and told him he needed a lid on his bucket so the steam didn't fall out on the way. Now their actually legalizing Pot?

Switchflicker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A tool to be proud to own Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aviation mechanics tricksters

Go to stores and get some Mag Drops

A bucket of Prop Wash and some Slip Stream

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.