Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harvest Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Figured you guys would like this.
Corn Harvest

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That was neat! Love to see that good Oliver equipment earning its keep. The 1995 looks gorgeous- is it that pretty in the daylight?

And it reminds me that I never much cared for night work usning machinery- to many chances for things to go wrong, without being able to see anything. But you gotta do it when its ready.

olliekid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

awesome video. how were the yields?

oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That field went about 170 bpa. The one we ran the next day went 220-230. We had about 80 acres of corn out this year and near as we can tell so far, we got about 10000 bu. total.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I expected to see one of those mega-monster combines flizzing thru the field. Good to see the good old smaller stuff still working. Reminded me a lot of the MM 3496 with a 4 row we used to have.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That was great to see. That is my kind of farmin'. Good ol' equipment still earning its keep. Thank you for the great video.
Kow Farmer

Rich Iowa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the video. Good looking 1955 you have.

boomer1

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW-I thought I farmed with junk!!!

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neat vidio, beautiful 1955. Too bad you don't have one in the daylight.
Larry NEIL

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That was pretty awesome. Wish I could farm with that stuff one day of the year!!! We have a 9660 John Deere and a 1300 bushel grain cart, we get a lot done but farming with that would be a lot funner I think. Thanks for the great video

oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We dont farm with junk. We farm with stuff we KNOW how to work on, we KNOW will work when we need it to, we KNOW is paid for, and will always get the job done right. Find a big time operator that can say that about his own new equipment. I would bet money that my grain sample is cleaner than out of a new rotary. Plus we have fun farming with this old stuff. DONT EVER talk down about our "out of date" equipment.

oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a daytime one coming.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You said: "I would bet money that my grain sample is cleaner than out of a new rotary". If you have that clean a sample you are letting money in the field. The elevator adds foreign matter, you might as well sell some too.

Josh in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How does your 525 do in good corn? That is a 3 row head right? I use a 7300 with 3rn. In 200 bu/ac I can run about 2 mph in fairly dry corn.
Josh

rrman61
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Run equipment made in 2005 at my{not my dream job}at the RR.D---- computers go out or act up all the time.Another machine made in 1985 hardly ever breaks and is used to tow the other one off the tracks.Modern equipment is real nice[when it works].

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.