Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ot: Family issues!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm a pretty humble person, I don't let many things bother me unless I know it's not right. Ever since I met my wife 10 years ago, i have always butted heads with her dad, A few things,,he brings his beefers in to tie stalls for the winter, closes up the barn from any fresh air and uses hardly any bedding, I told my wife about it, she told her mom and she made him get rubber matts for the cows. Than be boasts how great the matts are! Has no clue that I and my wife made it happen. Anything he has is better than anything u have, he told me how great his honda big red 3 wheeler is, while I have a 4x4 honda four wheeler. He has a JD 336 square baler, he seen my 346 and now he wants one, he can't take it that mine is maybe better than his. Anyway there house looks like that hoarders show, my mother in law has mental depression, but no one has done a thing about it, and she thinks she's normal?? She started coming over to watch our baby, next thing we know my wife starts saying she is getting bites from something. I have no idea what's going on, and say it's prolly spider bites?? She calls a place to come spray my house which I'm not happy about last October 11,, I was off from December to febuary 12,, than had to take care of her dads, and neighbors cows, so she calls her mom to come watch the baby while I'm gone, my father was watching her in the morning when I went to the horse barn, so 3 weeks later my wife is getting bites again, we still don't know why. Come about April 12, my wife sees a bug, catches it and we realize it's a flea!! She asks her mom about it, mom tells her they have 5 indoor outdoor cats, and a dog, which none are treated for flea and ticks. Well she stoped coming over, we had the house treated 2 xs and problem went away, problem is they don't think they caused the flea problem, yet her mom
Paid the bill for the treatment,,?
They have given my wife the cold shoulder since June, I mean they talk, but they are holding a grudge. My wife heard her dad telling my brother in law last month that he needed his help bringing in the cows, he told my bil I had a grudge against him! We think they caused us a problem, now I'm were the bad guys?? We never had fleas in the 10 years I owned this house. Now we have all the holiday chit coming up, it's not that I won't talk to him, but I really think he should know better at 82 years old than to act like this, I think he has small small puncture wound syndrome?? As I told my wife, if he feels that way, than I'm not gonna help him anymore, heck his own son don't do anything for him! I dont know, just life I guess, but I did my part trying to get along with this $sshole, and I live a happy life, I dont need this crap from some idiot that's got one foot in the grave and one on a banna peel, I'm sure everybody on here has some family problem!

Walt Davies
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Of coarse we do but to be nice and not upset others we all have our problems at home. Or if it's real bad we talk to a counselor to keep it within the family.
I know you feel you need to talk to someone but this just is not the place for it. Please go get professional help you really need to.
Walt

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JayinNY,

My wife's oldest sister hasn't talked to her family in almost 25 or more years. She had to have her own viewing when their father and brother died. After their dad passed away she and her husband pulled in and honked the horn. She was driving. I went out and she asked if my wife (her sister) was home. I said no. Then she proceeded to tell me that she had to go and get a copy of the will. I told her we never got one either. Their mom is still alive so everything was passed to her. This upset the wife's sister. She doesn't want anything to do with the family
but when she thinks she should be included she's right in front. She's just a Beach. Oops I spelt that wrong... we don't have spell check on here so I guess I'm ok...LOL! Try to get your mother In law some help for her depression. Sounds like the FIL is causing it.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well sorry. Just a rant, I can assure you Im not the one that needs help, ie my mother in law does??!

dave2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Family is so much nicer when there is an ocean and a couple countries and states between you.....................

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Trying to get them some help isn't my place, my inlaws have 5 children, 3 from my fil first marriage and two from his now wife. Nobody can get them help, I'm
Ok with that, if that's how they wanna live, but when it may have caused me a problem, that's when I have a problem with that, I mean wife and I don't go in her parents house at all.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, and that's good people skills right there.... Roll

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My mother has this sign on her door.

Friends and neighbors welcome. Relatives please call first.

Dachshund
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Who needs enemies, when you have "family"........

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are finding out the bad part of having family. There usually is better stuff that go along with the bad stuff.

Remember that some day you will be old and your kid's spouses will think you are an a$$hole too. It kind of goes with the territory.

As far as the flea issue. That is a health issue that effects their grand child and daughter.

I guess I am not a real good people person. I usually don't let things fester. I get right to the point and speak my mind. Letting things turn into misunderstandings is worse than a confrontation.

NY 986
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My sympathies are with you. Having said that back when I was in my last year of high school I put together a (short) list of girls should I have the chance to date that I needed to be using my brain so as not to get in too deep with because of the potential family dynamic you described. In the end I did not have to worry but at the same time I never got to date any girl off the preferred list, either. Lastly take comfort in knowing that you are not alone. The girls on the "be careful list" all got married at some point so there are some hubbies out there wondering what mess they stepped in the middle of.

JayinNY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, my wife, myself and my daughter don't go to there house, along with my inlaws other family members or friends. and now they don't come to my house, oh well it is what it is. My parents live a 1/2 mile down the road, and they don't live like that!

donjr
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jay, some folks are like that, and you probably ain'ta gonna change him. But butter him up a bit and take him with a grain of salt. If he's 82, it'll only be a few years he can still pzz you off, and maybe he'll leave you that 336 in his will......

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL all families have something going on. Mines pretty good now. My sister took advantage of my mom and dad. They have both passed and about the only time I see my sister is if I have dealings with her husband or my nephew who is farming with his dad.

Rick

Bill(Wis)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot: Family issues! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since the death of my PIA brother-in-law my life has been a big bowl of cherries. Why did I put up with his BS? He had a weak heart and had stroked out numerous times. Blood pressure in the xxxx. I didn't want to be the one who caused "the big one". His wife, my sister, is adorable, easy going, pleasant, etc. I wouldn't want her to connect me to the big event. As it was, I was 1000 miles away when it happened. I went to his funeral and then went to a tractor pull right after. Haven't thought about him again until you brought the subject up. (;>))

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.