Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

640 carb rebuild

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gargriff49
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: 640 carb rebuild Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Basic carb rebuild kit from YT seemed to do the trick.Soaked the disassembled carb in pine-sol for 4 days then hot water bath, blow dry and reassembled.New fuel line and shut-off and new 1 wire alternator to finish up the 12v conversion. Going to tackle the PTO seal now so i don"t have to keep a drip pan under the Diffy. None of the parts stores in my area of SW Mo. had a kit that said it was for a TSX-580 carb. It showed for 4 or 5 TSX models but not the 580.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 640 carb rebuild Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know for a fact I could have gotten you the number for the kit for your carb and you could have gotten it at O'Reilly's I know because I do it all the time. As for what you used I sure as heck would not have done so but I do have a bucket of the good stuff

gargriff49
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 640 carb rebuild Reply to specific post Reply with quote

O"Reillys read off the TSX models their kit covered and my TSX-580 wasn"t one of em. I"ve had the acid base carb soaking solution in the gallon can and dip basket in the past but the tip someone on the forum gave about the full strenght pine-sol for 3 bucks worked good for what i needed to do.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 640 carb rebuild Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you got one of the kids at O'Reilly's. I do carbs all the time and have done so for 30 years now and get the kits from the same store for those 30 years and that is a O'Reilly's and I know they have them or can have one by tomorrow. Fact is M/S made 4 sizes of carbs and so the basic kit for them all are one of 4 maybe a few more kits but that is it. I.E. A kit that fits the carb for an 8N ford is the same kit as the one needed for an Oliver 60 I know because again I have an Oliver 60 engine that has a mutt carb on it made from a carb for an 8N and the Oliver 60

JES in SWOH

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: 640 carb rebuild Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Old

What is the number for the 640 carb kit from O'Reillys?

Thanks

John

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: 640 carb rebuild Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Off the top of my head I can not tell you but if you need it I can get that info for you

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.