Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm really not sure what is wrong with me, always been a fighter when something bears down on me, but at the moment I'm in a world of crap, gonna call the doc early am and push getting in. I've never been so debilitated by something, sure we've all been sick, this been going on for weeks steady, went away, came back sore joints, muscles, no bullseye rash, eyes hurt, hot flashes, have to rest in bed for long periods, so thought I would confer with the folks here to lift my spirit, as when I am ill, I'll admit I really don't have any back up, LOL !!! (she who must be obeyed etc.) and of course when the roles are reversed I'll be there for anyone in the same boat, always means a lot to someone hurting as I have seen and done over the years, but it really wears on you though when its your turn ! LOL Well don't call in the chaplin just yet but maybe send a smoke signal up just the same, my way of putting it LOL !

Seriously though, I've been nailed so many times by ticks in the past, never on more than 24 hours, and not long ago had one attached ever so slightly, but it was dead, never had one die on me, no idea how long it was there either, which is playing with my mind, hopefully the doc can see me, this is truly awful, would not wish it on anyone.

JMS./MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Friend of mine got Lyme's Disease several years ago- symptoms similar to yours. Early treatment helps, but he still has some issues cuz of it. Back then, was almost unheard of here.

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats why the alarm has gone off to get my doctor to let me in tomorrow and see what the heck is going on before I convince myself otherwise, if in fact that is the case, you can't wait, diagnose can be complicated too, and gee I thought I just got over the flu, which I don't think I've ever had. But its this, for weeks now. Being weak, dizzy etc. when I got up out of the chair around midnight, its making my mind wander in a million directions, fall asleep, deep sleep, vivid dreams, its crazy, its great when you get over something, looking back where you have been, you feel so much better, I can't do a darned thing right now and "can't" is not a word in my vocabulary unless referring to carpentry LOL. I do fear long term effects, well at least my benefits are paid this month, hope when I wake up tomorrow, things are better, really odd, I would likely never post something like this here either, I appreciate your response ! Thank you.

MI AC Parsons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Never had Lyme, had mono when I was in college. I was so ill that I slept for 3 days solid in the infimary. I'm sure they will check your blood count. Good luck.

JMS./MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only other thing my untrained mind brings up is fibromyalgia- similar symptoms....extreme tiredness, sore muscles, etc. Army buddy got VA disability for that due to possible exposure where we were stationed during Agent Orange testing....not Nam. I think Lyme's is more treatable- especially with early diagnosis. Best of luck-

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lady that went to school with my sister was diagnosed with Lyme's disease probably 10 years ago and she's never fully recovered. A few years ago the vet found Lyme's in our dogs when checking their blood. He put both on antibiotics
and the grass is always mowed every week. The barrier between the two developments is like a jungle. I kept the area behind me mowed for years until they told me to keep off. It's full of foxes and coons. Hal

Mashbox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son was diagnosed with it a little over a month ago. Through the summer he was tired most of the time, soreness mostly in his arm and shoulder. Some mornings he was almost in tears from pain and cound not get out of bed without help. Doctors were running different tests and it took them awhile to finally conclude it was Lyme's Disease. We were giving him ibuprofin to help with the inflamation which seemed to help. Once diagnosed he was put on a prescription anti-inflamatory and a strong antibiotic for a month which seems to have helped tremendously.

I do not know why it took so long to figure out what was wrong, but then again I am not a doctor. It's aggrivatinvg though to go through over a month of testing before finally reaching a conclusion.

RBnSC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My brother had it and never found a tick. They treat it with penicillin. He had it for a while before they diagnosed it. It left him with fibromyalgia symptoms.
A friend of mine had Epstein Barr Virus or visa versa . They had him in the Hospital before I could convince them to ask the Dr. about the possibility. Anyway our prayers are with you.
Ron

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The darned things are thick around here, when the neighbor across the lane is busy, if I'm here I'll always walk their dog, which is a pug, very light color fur and short, he will be clean of them before I take him out, in no time he will have a 1/2 dozen ticks, I do believe she treats him for those, he loves to play, kind of a bigger one of these and a good looker for having a cabover type face instead of the conventional long nose LOL !

We never had ticks here when I was a kid, obviously since deer came back, they came with them. I am getting real attentive to the slightest sensation on the skin, and detecting them before they bite, if thats any consolation.....which it is I think, always have read they have to be on 24-36 hours or so before they can transmit the disease.

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, its incredible how easy you can get "benched" by something like this. I feel like Val Kilmer "Doc Holliday" looked in that movie with Kurt Russell, Sam Elliot, in Tombstone.

Think the doctors office is open in 1/2 hour, hope like heck I can get in and get started figuring this out, its just persistent as heck, 3 days straight now, joints don't feel so bad though, might have gotten dehydrated, been drinking gatorade often, energy level is way down, hot flashes still, thought that was a female thing associated with menopause LOL !

tomtirediron
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Billy, I can"t remember all the medical terminology but I do recall reading that there are several different tick borne diseases that have simsilar symptoms to Lymes. Just a thought you may want to check for those also. Regardless good luck, hope you get to feeling better. Tom B.

rubberwrench
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son had it.Found out the best doc for it is Joesph Joseph in Hermitage,Pa.Make sure you get The correct test.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Billy Hope you Get to a bgood DR fast , and get WELL !...that is like what i had in 2009.not sure exactly same .Dr , gave me steroid shot , vit B-12, and penecillan , and it turned it around... it took a full 6 monthes to be able to feel like pulling hard again ... i dug a tik out my waste band ,, month later while working booth at fair it hit me like a ton of brix, but i had not been feeling well for a few days before that dont remember driving home ,,breathing diffiulty , extreme headache and body joint aches,,hot and cold constant fever ,, 1st time i ever thought i could die if i dont straighten up .//

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought I had it and was treated 15 years ago. Never really got a lot better. There is NO absolute medical test that can prove you've got it or not. If suspected by symptoms and bloodwork - they treat you with anti-biotics. If you then improve - they say you had it - in retrospect.

Dairy farmer near me was diagnosed with it 15 years ago. He got so bad he wound up in a wheel-chair on intravenous antibiotics. After years of treatment they (medical experts) decided maybe the cause was something else. At one point, they started treating him with anti-depressants saying maybe he had fibro myalgia. He wound up shooting himself - and then his medical issues were easy to diagnose.

One thing that IS known for sure. If you have Lymes - and the treatment works - it stops it from getting worse. It does NOT always remove the bad symptoms you've already got. Of course, every person is different. That is the reason why early treatment is important. Last I checked there were three different types of blood tests for it and none are are absolute.

Note also that with Fibro Myalgia . . there is also no absolute test. No known cause either. Just nerves gone haywire.

Lamar Fudd
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: OT - anyone ever have Lyme disease here ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Billy, there is a blood test for this as ten years ago the Doctor thought I had it, but the test came back negative. Doctor even showed me what the 'bulls-eye' pattern looked like on my back. I have since recovered from whatever it was. But it WASN'T Lyme disease! I wish only the best for you, and pray that it's only 'old age' making its presence known. I've become acquainted with "Arthur"itis and all his brethren in the years since.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.