Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HUH?!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to buy 2 shares from my JD dealer yesterday. Over $35.00 each!!!! Am I way behind the times or is steel that high now?

MoMike
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might check with Shoups ot your local farm supply. I bought new ones a couple of years ago, priced at JD close to your quote, Shoups had them for about $10 a piece less. And before anyone goes off, I don't plow a large acerage so the life is not going to make a huge difference in the long run.

S2710
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was at Farm & Fleet last week end and I walked past the plow shares and they were in the 30 dollar range and they also had some for 10 to 15 dollar range.

Bob

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The boss's wife picked up ten of them for me for an Int. plow this year, bill was over six hundred dollars. Needless to say, they were returned after I found some cheaper ones. Still expensive for no longer than they last.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What size though? I'd have to look up the receipt,but aftermarkets for my Oliver 18 inch 5 bolts were either 19.95 or 29.95 this spring. I'm leaning toward saying they were 29.95. Weren't cheap that's for darned sure.

I needed an inch and seven sixteenths bearing for the baler last week and that thing was 105.00. Nobody in the state had the one I needed and I needed it right now. By the time I added the overnight shipping,that one set me back 163.00.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In my soil, the Wiese shares on my JD 2700 plow now last longer than the Deere shares do . . . that only started the last few years after Deere changed where the shares for my plow are made.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shoups will ship for Free if the order is not too small..
I ordered one Moldboard and some land slides and they shipped for Free...
Very nice to talk to them..very helpful..
Much cheaper than TSC..
Ron.

Billy NY
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See if you can source Wiese, I'd have to find the receipt, I just replaced all the wear parts on a Ford 101 2 bottom shares, shins, landslide/landside, and I believe it was under $150 to do so, moldboards are OEM with FoMoCo stamped into them, lots of life left in them. Wiese does seem to be a good MFR, I'm just fortunate theres a small shop about 17 miles north of here that stocks plow wear parts on the shelf he carries Wiese. I don't know if these are throw away or I thought they were rock shares, nonetheless after a 1/2 acre of gravel/loam/round rock soil seems they would last awhile.

4020-101
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just paid 30 dollars for Oliver white plow and 140 mile round
trip to the only dealer that could get em nobody local could find
the pieces of sh!t

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rock shares are a throwaway type but with a more agressive nose and they all can be sharpened a time or 2 if you know what you are doing.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I used my Google-fu and looked around at Shoup, Weise, etc. I'm behind the times. Amazing! Last time I bought shares they were $9-10.00 each. I thought I was getting raped when I paid $25.00 each for IH Little Genius points. I guess I'd better get used to it.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid about $110 each for the two on my old JD 44
AH.
But then they will last me a lifetime since I only
plow a big garden.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

rrlund wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:53:33 11/14/12) What size though? I'd have to look up the receipt,but aftermarkets for my Oliver 18 inch 5 bolts were either 19.95 or 29.95 this spring. I'm leaning toward saying they were 29.95. Weren't cheap that's for darned sure.

I needed an inch and seven sixteenths bearing for the baler last week and that thing was 105.00. Nobody in the state had the one I needed and I needed it right now. By the time I added the overnight shipping,that one set me back 163.00.

My local bearing store pretty much always has what I need for 20% of what CNH charges. One time when I went to CNH they told me that they had never sold one and the price was very high, so I drove 35 miles to the bearing store. They didn't have it but called around for me and located it for me and got it shipped direct to me next day clear across the country for $8.00 plus $5.00 shipping. And these are almost always Timkens.

Fritz Maurer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you could still get Little Genius Quick change
points they were over 60.00 ea. That was back in the
Tenneco days of I.H. and to add insult to injury
they had a big Case eagle forged on the back. No
offense to Case guys, but they were really getting
out of control when you ordered a heat indicator for
an 'M' and it said 'Case' under the glass. I can
handle it now, but back in '85 I was walking in
circles mumbling to myself...

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HUH?!!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought new for our 4-16 546 plow, the non- rock shares were $20/ each, rock shares are $45 each. The rock shares simply wear longer, but not sure how long.

I was gonna put them on before starting this fall, but now that we've had lots of rain I think I can get one more season out of the old ones.

The ones on it now are 3 raydex and 1 Weise after I snapped 1 off on a rock. We ussually buy Weise from Fleet Farm, but I was at the dealer that time and bought them. Got about 10 years of plowing around 25-45 acres/year out of them.

Donovan from Wisconsin

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.