Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

plow ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwag
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What would be the ideal model plow for a Case 351?
Will be used on flat black dirt, no gumbo or clay hills.

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dwag

This is my 351 last week just a little north of you. Paul exercised several of our herd and said the 2x16 M series plow and the 351 were a good combination. I think under the right conditions, and with moldboards that are well scoured, a 3x14 would work, but may be a bit much in heavy gumbo or heavy clay....

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here are some lit scans for you to look over cnt

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We pulled a BE/3x14 with our 300RN on the farm for years. We never sold a 350. but the 500/600Bs we sold were also equiped with 3x14s just pulled them a little easier, with 36" rears and the 164 under the hood. We have a MTA34, behind our 411B and it pulls them in H2 and L3 just fine in direct most of the time.
Loren

JohnDY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We pulled 3 14's will our 300. Had hills but it handled it okay. Good black soil but we always had manure on all the fields and plowed stocks or alfalpha down so the ground was never hard. The 350 has 8 more horses to help things along.

Paul A Young
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last week I used a 2-16 on a 350 and went great. 3-16 was a little much on a 500b. 3-14 could be about perfect if not super tough going. My 2 cents.

dwag
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for replies, kinda settled on 2 bottom as didn't want to weight down and pull tractor too hard. Mainly looking for certain plow model as "Ber/Be" series were designed for Eagle Hitch, but spotted a later series with no tail wheel, cover boards, just don't know model. john

Paul A Young
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My little bit of experience told me right away that tail wheel is really important.Nothing else to take up the side draft.

dwag
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plow is same as one pictured in CN's picture of sales literature of 430 and 3 bottom plow in plowing pictures thread.

Joe Young
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I beleive that is an "MR" series, which is similar to the "M" series in the pic of my 351, without the break away hitch. The MR seams to have been the "economy" plow because, unlike the MT it has shear bolts instead of mechanical trip bottoms. And, the MR's had a long landside on the back bottom, that extended aft to help manage the side draft instead of a furrow tail wheel. Tail wheels may have been an option of the MR, but I have not seen one equipped that way.

All of the other wear parts are consistent with the other case plows of that vintage, and are generally still available. I've never looked for that extended landslide....but would be concerned about finding that replacement if needed.

armand tatro
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: plow ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would it be possible to make that extended landslide from a cutting edge for a heavy duty loader bucket?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.