Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alaska last frontier

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MI AC Parsons
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone watch the last episode? What kind of a hay cutting thing is he running? Goes like the wind over rough ground and gnarly 'hay'.

M Nut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

3pt disc mower. I'm guessing Vicon, New Idea, or Bush Hog brand. I had a Bush Hog model DM70 for a few years, and they will cut about anything at any speed. I am amazed at how fast they go over rough ground on that show. I never used mine in that way.

Wendell Parsons
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Curious, got a flail mower to trim horse pasture, not happy with the cut. Bush Hog rotary seemed over kill. Didn't know the disc could be a 3 point. I played that forward and backwards and the ground was rough. He didn't look back very much and I like the side cut.

tbish
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

disc mower is for cutting hay not clipping pastures it wont chop up what it cuts just lays it down like asickle mower

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Right it is too fragile and expensive to use that way.

VicS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I love that show too. But they can't help making everything out to be a mater of life or death! I have a Reese drum mower, two 4 and a half foot disc's with 4 knives each. It will cut anything almost as fast as you can stand the ride. It is a lot tougher than a disc mower. My neighbors use theirs (disc mowers) to mow road sides! I can't imagine using one with out a cab. I have broken two side glasses out. Figure every one might have saved my life. A friend of mine was using one with a 666 IH with out a cab and he got a piece of no 9 wire right in his but cheek. Had to of ricocheted. Vic

JRSutton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

agreed - could be a good show, but they get so overdramatic to the point that it's nauseating.

Thinking of the guy taking the dive off the hay wagon, "accidetnally" falling off the wagon, rolling on the ground. Little things like that drive me nuts.

Please - you got me interested - you don't have to put on a show for me, just do what you're doing.

Might I add - who the heck taught those people how to pack a hay wagon??? Thing's 4 bales high and ready to fall apart on the first hint of a bump.

justanothercase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We watched the hay wagon and laughed pretty hard, wife said i should have been there to show them how to do it, only thought going through my head when i saw it was "jeez you already loaded them once why not do it decent so you dont have to do it twice."

scotc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the didn't half-ace it and pull stupid stunts, they wouldn't get the ratings to keep it on-air, because the city slickers wouldn't watch it.

It's like Paul Sr throwing things and screaming at Paul Jr, or the cheesy graphics of what could happen to the truck if a half dozen things all happened exactly the wrong way at exactly the right times.

495man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Alaska last frontier Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looked like a Kuhn mower, was 6 disk model so "8 footer class"

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.