Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YT Nor' East member get together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeteTheRookie
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are located in York Maine close to York Harbor.
Are there any members from the Seacoast and surrounding areas that want to get together for
some grub and grog?

Any/all ideas welcome,

Pete

Steve-Maine
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m in Falmouth, A bunch of cars guys up here get togather twice a week, another day would be fine.
Steve Smith
Falmouth, me

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in Chester NH. About 45 min west of you. I could make a trip over during the slow months.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am in Chester NH. About 45 min west of you. I could make a trip over during the slow months.

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm a 1/2 hour South of you. Where and when?

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim in Ma. wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:25:17 11/15/12) I'm a 1/2 hour South of you. Where and when?

Hey Jim, we are nearly neighbors. Do you know Gary Bill in West Newbury or any of the Haverhill crowd?

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure do - Gary lives about 2 miles from me. Used to know a lot from Haverhill but have lost touch. Worked in Wardhill years ago.

Wardner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you work for Rodger's Spring Hill Farm in Ward Hill? He has about 20 IH tractors. Think his latest is a IH 300 Hi-Clear.

Be nice if he hosted the New England Chapter IH Collector's summer meet. I'd haul a few tractors over there. 15 Interstate highway miles. Not interested in trucking tractors over the Monadnocks in NH. The coverage he carries on his retail farm stand could easily be modified to cover the meet.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wardner wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:00:22 11/15/12) Did you work for Rodger's Spring Hill Farm in Ward Hill? He has about 20 IH tractors. Think his latest is a IH 300 Hi-Clear.

Be nice if he hosted the New England Chapter IH Collector's summer meet. I'd haul a few tractors over there. 15 Interstate highway miles. Not interested in trucking tractors over the Monadnocks in NH. The coverage he carries on his retail farm stand could easily be modified to cover the meet.

I was talking with Richard a couple weeks ago. There would be no room at his son Steve's farm stand but I would think that Richard would have plenty of room up at the farm. With his money he could give every attendee a Farmall of their choice instead of a little tin pin LOL

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim in Ma. wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:02:47 11/15/12) I sure do - Gary lives about 2 miles from me. Used to know a lot from Haverhill but have lost touch. Worked in Wardhill years ago.

I will let you know when we have a pull in the area next summer so that you can come up and get caught up with the crew. You could maybe catch a ride with Gary. Or even bring your own tractor to enter.

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: YT Nor' East member get together Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No Wardner - the other side of 125 for a guy named Blackadar = Chickens I hauled grain for him and worked in the hatchery. He sold out to a Pole named David
That was nearly 50 years ago.

Wardner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"I was talking with Richard a couple weeks ago. There would be no room at his son Steve's farm stand but I would think that Richard would have plenty of room up at the farm. "

I think the farm stand and the farm are adjoining properties. Anyway, Richard's Pick-yer-Own operation is probably insured. I was thinking he could place the meet in the field on the other side of I-495. Sometimes it is fallow and other times it is planted in corn. That pasture by the Rt 125 connector is another site. Not sure if it is dry though.

The club collects admission at the Dublin site. I think they might sell alot more tickets with the show visible from the Interstate and easy access. Add a couple of pulls and tractor games. Get TV channel 5's Chronicle to film it for next year. They could grow that meet into something bigger. I suppose a few purists wouldn't like it but I think bigger shows are better.

There's alot of people who like bucolic settings and activities. Look at all the tourist interest in Maple Sugar making and fall leaf peeping.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wardner wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:08:01 11/15/12) "I was talking with Richard a couple weeks ago. There would be no room at his son Steve's farm stand but I would think that Richard would have plenty of room up at the farm. "

I think the farm stand and the farm are adjoining properties. Anyway, Richard's Pick-yer-Own operation is probably insured. I was thinking he could place the meet in the field on the other side of I-495. Sometimes it is fallow and other times it is planted in corn. That pasture by the Rt 125 connector is another site. Not sure if it is dry though.

The club collects admission at the Dublin site. I think they might sell alot more tickets with the show visible from the Interstate and easy access. Add a couple of pulls and tractor games. Get TV channel 5's Chronicle to film it for next year. They could grow that meet into something bigger. I suppose a few purists wouldn't like it but I think bigger shows are better.

There's alot of people who like bucolic settings and activities. Look at all the tourist interest in Maple Sugar making and fall leaf peeping.

Yes, That is the big thing to save farms now, "Agri-Tourism". Two farms in Haverhill host tractor pulls already to help bring people in.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.