Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you do today?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I set about 300 sq feet of porcelin tile this afternoon. In a basement for a retired St Paul cop.
Dunno why or how I got my hand so full of thinset mortar but it's how I came home today.
Caked on...
Got another 400 feet to set over the next couple of days. Plus grouting. And maybe shoot some base trim in afterwards. It's all by the hour plus materials.
He's fussy as all get out. And has a house that you'd think is well beyond his means.
But I don't ask those kind of questions.
I worked for him a few years ago.
Next year he wants a new fence. So I told him today I have a post hole digger behind my Ford tractor and could drill the holes pretty easily.
Just relating it to tractors here.
I'm real glad to be working again.
That's what i did today.
Anyone else?

M Nut
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stayed home from work with a sick child. She is feeling better by tonight though as she has had meds in her system for about 24 hours now. Not the best circumstances, but did enjoy the daddy/daughter time the last two days.

Ted in Ne-OH

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked on an AC-B Pulled two brake drums, what a pain.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let's see....went to the bank this morning and cashed some checks. Then I called the tire guy to come out and mount a pair of 14.9 28 tires that I bought at a consignment sale on one of my loader tractors. While I was waiting for him,I pulled the motor out of the 1600 Oliver to see why the clutch wouldn't release. Found out that the fingers had worn right off the pressure plate and the clutch was totally trashed to boot. Looked back on the pallets in the corner of the toolshed,had a nice pressure plate and clutch out of another 1600 that's broken down in to it's basic components. Got the hydrapower unit and bell housing bolted back up. Fixed the rod to the tilt steering while the motor and gas tank were out.
So,not much,just you're average run of the mill day.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't accomplish much farming today, put in a 10 hour shift and came home and got cattle fed. Now I'm fed and ready for a hot shower and bed.

Winchester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Built furniture from cherry lumber. Lots of steps when you start with rough cut lumber.

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cut a hole in my new countertop and installed a drop-in oven, went to my SIL's to work on his truck. Had a bad short. Found a turnsignal housing with a inch of water shorting across the bulb terminals, fixed supper for my wife and I and also my parents in town. Now time for bed and get up at 12:45 am for work...

ray hofstetter
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fixed a 'leaky' cast iron drain, my boss is too cheap to hire a plumber. That took about an hour, then moved on to fixing a leaky roof. My boss is too cheap to hire a roofer. See where I'm going with that??

Ellis Kinney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cleared a small area in the corner of one of my fields. Three dead trees and some thicket. I dug up the stumps so I could run the bush hog over the area. Finished up the new ridge cap for the barn roof. Ellis

jbp
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Removed the lift-all from the Farmall H ,repaired and replaced it. The drive coupling had stripped threads so removed it ground the shaft and coupling then welded back together. Wrapped the coupling with a wet rag so it wouldn't destroy the seal. Ran the engine for awhile and no leaks. Deadheaded the hydraulic at full throttle with out breaking the weld---yet.
Joe

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Had a good productive day combining corn.My 'new' 95 combine is working great!It is exceding my expectations!Corn is doing about 150 bpa.BTW-Its my birthday,Susan is makeing me a speacial supper tonight.Dont know what it is yet,but it's gonna be GOOD!Steve

wolfman
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loaded a round bale on a horse customer's pickup. Square baled another round bale (with pitchfork) and three s-curve squares out of the loft. Loaded 100 squares on a customer's trailer. Loaded the 37 squares on my pickup & stacked them in the mulch bale shed -actually 12 of them went into the to-sell loft. Loaded another 20 onto another horse customer's pickup. Put square baler away for the winter for the third time. Scraped up all the chaff and shoveled it on my pickup and spread it on a field. Carried firewood.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Repaired a Bobcat welder. That the customer managed to set on fire.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do today? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good thing Lyle didn't respond, he'd fill the page.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.