Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Harvest Video

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just another video, this time during the day.
Harvest

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another awesome video. I have never seen an Oliver combine in person. By the video sound, your combine sure purrs along very nicely. Thank you for sharing the video. This is my era of machinery for farming.
Kow Farmer

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just wondering, you can combine faster than that unloading right. But you just don't because corns coming in faster than you can put it out. Because when that combine came out 170 bpa was un heard of. But nice video thanks for sharing

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh one other thing, is your 1655 really a1975, I thought Oliver's last year was 1974 but you probebly know more than I do just wondered because that was whites first year. I'm not saying your wrong just wanted to know if Oliver's were made in 1975 thanks

PaulCa

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I own two Cockshutt 1655's that are both 1975 model year.One only has 1900 original hours.

kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the vidieo during the day!

Olivers get it done

oliverkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont really know what the serial number is on the 1655. It belongs to my buddy Matt and he says its a 1975. I thougt they only built the 2255 into 75 and the rest of the line stopped in 74 but he said it was a 75 and I didnt want to argue with him. As for your other question, that was the first time I had run a 3 row head on this machine and I was kinda feeling out her speed limit.

Thompson Mike
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to post Oliver's in action

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok thanks just wondering

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

White introduced the 4-150 in the fall of 1973, but didn't go into full production until 1974.

White built the proto type 2-105, 2-150 and the 4-180 in 1974. They were introduced at the Farm Progress show at Fort Dodge, Iowa in the fall of 1974. There were some 1755's, 1855's and 1955's built in 1975, before they went into full production on the new models. The same holds true on the later models. The White 2-70 and the 2-85 were introduced at the Farm Progress show at Galesburg, Ill. in the fall of 1975, but didn't go into full production until the next year. The 1555 and 1655 were still being built in early 1976.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great video, thanks for posting.

I learned something- I have combined wheat, where the stalks get cut and all go through the combine, with lots of trash out the back. Guess I always assumed that corn was the same- but I saw very little trash out the back, so now I guess just the ears are picked, and the stalk just gets run over. Could never figure out how the combine could handle all that trash, but apparently it doesn't have to.

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice vidio, and glad it daylight!
Larry NEIL

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a similar combine we once had. Climbed up to a high barn window to take the "aerial" shot.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So did they make minneapolis molines in 1975 to.

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Harvest Video Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last yellow tractors that carried the Moline name were the G 955 built in 1974 and 1975, and the G 1355 built in 1973, 74 and 75. They were built in Charles City. The G 955 was replaced by the White 2-105. and the G1355 was replaced by the White 2-150, both in 1975.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.