Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JDE Marris Case 310 final drives

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jd, Later on if time permitting, and funds become available, we might be looking for a Case 310 with a blade.We read this on your post below and you mentioned no final drive clutches to wear out. Now that is an interesting factor, would you happen to have a printout of that area showing what drives the crawler? I will be lookin for a crawler with a blade. How much more significant power than our OC 46? Son in law might be interested in going in half. I appreciate your time and expertise.
Warmest regards,
LOU & Victor

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I said that I "mispoke" digitally. I thought I said no "steering clutches." The Case 310 uses a Clark transaxle- pretty much the same as what Oliver uses in HGs, OC3s, and some OC4s and in Terratracs. No steering clutches, just two wet brake bands. I say "some" for the OC4 because the OC4 had a choice of two different steering/drive systems. The "Spot Turn" system DID have clutches but it is a wet-clutch system as I recall.

A big problem with old crawlers with dry steering cluthes is they get can stuck when sitting around. Like use in Deere crawlers up to through the 350B or 450B series, Allis Chalmers HD3 and HD4, etc.

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lou . . . I went and read what I stated in that post. You had me thinking I was getting senile. Guess not. I didn't say "no final drives."

I assume the following is the quote you are citing?

"I think the easiest crawler to work on is Case. 310 or 350. No steering clutches to get bad and most parts out in the open. Good parts availability also . . "

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks LJD.I thought the Impossible, like HYd pressure that would be similar to a BOB cat 726. Chain driven or such.My SIL has a large 3 port garage that is surrounded on 3 sides with clay soil,he wants to remove. In other words the building was erected in a small hill side. Water, snow lays on the cement block(4 courses)then wood framed the rest of the way up.Now he is interested in a small dozer he can use to dig out around the garage.He is terribly hard on anything mechanical so lending out our stuff is out of the question. So we will keep looking for one unit that can, and that he can work on. Thanks Again .Warmest regards LOU.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I'd want a small excavator to dig out around a garage. Load dirt/rock in a truck and haul it off too.

BCnT
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dont dial that number

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you!!!! I won't. Regards LOU.

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats worth thinking about. His choice ofcourse. Will suggest that to him as an alternative for him to consider. Thanks for the reply. LOU.

shucks
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a good & valid ph #. I have been on the site for several years & have not mislesd anyone to this date. Thank you very much.

BCnT
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: JDE Marris Case 310 final drives Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if youre for real,then doublecheck your typing above and make corrections if needed...as typed your number is not valid and very similar to offshore scams.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.