Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo inside Gleaner F

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Harry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dropped the chopper and pulled the shoe out. A few questions.
1. Is this what happens to the separater beater after a lifetime of beating or did something else happen here? I will remove and straighten.
2. There are no shields at end of raddle. Manual shows a couple different designs. According to my serial #22282, should be the latest version. Would it not of had one or might it have been removed? Maybe that is what beat up the beater.
3. On vertical part at top of photo, looks like a wooden slat was holding something on there. What might that of been?
4.This is a corn/soy special and does not have screens over the walkers. Parts manual says they were discontinued. It seems the general thought is to use them. If they really necessary why were they discontinued?

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen a beater that was worn out. This one is not, it's beat up! I would get a used one.
The "raddle cob shield" was just a little tin thing that went across the back of the raddle. The walkers had to be slid back to clear it. It's purpose was to keep cobs from being deflected forward by the action of the walkers. Cobs could get thrown into, and get caught by the raddle and dragged back around underneath, plugging the raddle, or worse, destroying wooden slats on the early raddle.
Dad religiously installed that in his late E every year. When I had an earlier E, and a K2, and F2, I never had or used the shield.
Wooden strip was along the top of a canvas curtain. Without curtain material can fly out of the back of the machine over the walkers.
I assume walkers screens being discontinued is like so many other parts for these older machines- no longer supplied.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like somone ran a fence post or something thru it!I see some straw walker damage on the 2nd from left.The curtain could been torn off by whatever went thruogh it,or has simply rotted away.Saw an older JD once,looked like a railroad tie(or a chunk of pipe) went thru it.Really!Thing was totally destroyed-front ot back.Unrepairable Steve

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The bent lip on the drum would wear thin at the bend and the lip come off. The damage on your drum is actual damage, not just wear.

--->Paul

John Harry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all that replied. I will remove beater then decide to either fix or replace. Will also add curtain and forget about raddel shield and screens.

Ryan Renko
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wonder about that beater condition. What could have passed under the cylinder with out blowing the concave door open and even if it did make it that far back to trash that thing so bad?? Ryan

John Harry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know. It had to get thru the cylinder. I just bought it last year so it was a previous owner who certaintly would have known something was up.

sd pete
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it had a straw chopper with bad knives and plugged tighter than a fiddle string.

John Harry
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Photo inside Gleaner F Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now thats a thought. The knives are pretty well rounded on one side but they were flipped before I got it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.