Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New sign of me getting old!!!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was filling out a form at the insurance guys office yesterday. I wrote my box number down and then looked at it. It did not look right but I could not see why. I got my drivers license out to compare. I had two of the numbers in my box number inverted and could not figure it out.

Another thing I am getting terrible about is peoples names. I forget guy names I have know my whole life. I can tell how to get to their house. The color of their house/sheds/barns, maybe even what kind of dog they have but can't remember their name.

If I keep trying it will not come up. Go on and do something else and the name will pop into my head in a few minutes.

My wife says it is just "old timers disease" LOL

Just this year we both forgot our anniversary until the week after it was. We where setting in the living room after supper and she ask me when your wedding anniversary was. I told her Sept. 21. She said that we right but it was last week. LOL I am glad she forgot it too or I would have been in big trouble!!!

Wayne in MN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome to the group! I have been there for a while now; I meet so many nice new people every day! And they even know who I am.

tomturkey
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to think of my mind, like the big public library of old. When they had the skinny little ladder on a rail to get to books way up high. The little man cannot move quite as quick as he use to. Climbing the ladder is a little slower. Therefore it takes a little longer to retrieve the information/book you need. lol gobble

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I find myself,losing my way more and more.know where im going,know where it is,will be driving along on a different road and you have to sort of figure out where you are and backtrack. forget names,i have to think of my own now and then.I only hope i last until my wife goes,i dont think the kids could deal with her.

DoubleR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I started carring a little memo pad in my shirt pocket a few years back. I write everything down on it. Appointments, part numbers, facts I don't seem to be able to remember anymore, even peoples names. I go through one about every three months. I write the start date and finish date on the cover. I save them in a drawer and refer back to them alot of times.

philcase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Bob, er Bill I mean Rick. Oh yeah you're right you're Tom. Me at a meeting on Wednesday.

randallinMo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wayne, now that was just flat funny!!

rodgernbama
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What I hate is spending 15 minutes looking for a wrench and realize I"ve got it in my back pocket.

John B.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The doctors say if you have forgetful driving it's time to talk to them.

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD,

I have had a real problem with names my whole life. I was leading our family in a table grace a few days ago and I wanted to mention my 19 year old granddaughter who is away at college. I had to stop in the middle of the prayer and ask my wife for help with the granddaughter's name.

We live on the same farm. She's never lived anywhere else. I've seen her multiple times per week for her whole life, and I still couldn't come up with it.

Her name is ...... dang, I can't think of it right now.

Tom in TN

Wheat Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just wanted to say Hi, but gotta get back to looking for the checkbook. Wife not happy, hope to chat later.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DoubleR wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:25:24 11/15/12) I started carring a little memo pad in my shirt pocket a few years back. I write everything down on it. Appointments, part numbers, facts I don't seem to be able to remember anymore, even peoples names. I go through one about every three months. I write the start date and finish date on the cover. I save them in a drawer and refer back to them alot of times.
Been doing the 'little' book thing for over 30 years. Being able to retrieve 20 or 30 year old stuff is great & I do, several times a year.

dave2
Tractor Guru

Location: Kutzberg, Germany 1972 IHC 423 (German). 2.5 Liter 3cyl direct injection diesel 42HP

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD Seller wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:49:24 11/15/12) I was filling out a form at the insurance guys office yesterday. I wrote my box number down and then looked at it. It did not look right but I could not see why. I got my drivers license out to compare. I had two of the numbers in my box number inverted and could not figure it out.

Another thing I am getting terrible about is peoples names. I forget guy names I have know my whole life. I can tell how to get to their house. The color of their house/sheds/barns, maybe even what kind of dog they have but can't remember their name.

If I keep trying it will not come up. Go on and do something else and the name will pop into my head in a few minutes.

My wife says it is just "old timers disease" LOL

Just this year we both forgot our anniversary until the week after it was. We where setting in the living room after supper and she ask me when your wedding anniversary was. I told her Sept. 21. She said that we right but it was last week. LOL I am glad she forgot it too or I would have been in big trouble!!!

Dude, you ain't none too bright........ Rolling Eyes
Got up one Saturday morning, made the chore loop and came back to a big breakfast and a card/gift on the table.... You know the feeling... She didn't see that I saw the stuff so I slipped in the other room, called the house with my handy and answered the phone...... Yelled oh sh------- horses are out! and ran out the house... Ran to the next town and flower shop, got a bouquet and a card and back home & slipped them in the utility room (an outbuilding)... Went in to a cold breakfast and shoulder and a sneering "happy anniversary.I see you forgot........" Said, "no, I just thought I'd surprise you when you went to get a bottle of juice (we keep in the utility room).... I got your gift yesterday and was waiting on you to find it. Guess you didn't love me enough to get me a glass of juice" and went outside & brought her a big bunch of flowers and card....... She felt like inch high private eye for a couple hours and all was well..... I now keep a bottle or two of perfume, cards for every occasion, a bottle each of wine and champagne, and 50 bucks for dinner stashed in a box in the barn.... That was just too close. Happy Anniversary!

MJin the UK

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do a lot of rally commontating in the summer months. I talk about all makes of tractors and their histroy of the owners but do not ask me what I did yesterday. MJ

dave2
Tractor Guru

Location: Kutzberg, Germany 1972 IHC 423 (German). 2.5 Liter 3cyl direct injection diesel 42HP

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: New sign of me getting old!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MJin the UK wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:36:54 11/15/12) I do a lot of rally commontating in the summer months. I talk about all makes of tractors and their histroy of the owners but do not ask me what I did yesterday. MJ

Have you taken any knocks on the head????? I remember phone numbers from 35 years ago and even some conversations. But short term memory is really sucking... Chalk it up to a couple accidents where I shoulda been wearing a helmut....

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.