Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T340A Crawler Hydraulics question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Scharf
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: T340A Crawler Hydraulics question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have one these with the 6 way blade and an auxilliary hydraulic valve. Want to install a hydraulic winch using the auxilliary valve. I"m not getting any pressure from the auxilliary. Everything else works except this. Is there some adjustment or trick to getting this activated?
Thanks in advance. Bill

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: T340A Crawler Hydraulics question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill Does your little 340 have a valve that sits up to the right fender. Does it have 3 operational spools or 4 ? From what I can remember about those small valves I can,t believe it will come anywhere close to having enough flow to operate any kind of hydraulic winch. You may have to get an additional hydraulic source either engine drive pump or off the pto there on the rear.

Charlie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: T340A Crawler Hydraulics question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my TD340A I have the main 3 spool valve and then a valve near the back that is used for a scarifier. I had to put a diverter in the line to the back to change over to a detachable backhoe, which had its own controls of course. You really have to think through the plumbing carefully, and especially understand the logic of the return lines. Unless the valve is completely shot, you should be able to get some pressure. Regarding the flow, you should be getting at least 12 gpm from your pump and possible more (dpending on how the machine was configured), at a pressure of at least 1200 psi, maybe up to 2000 psi (I can't remember). Compare that with the requirments of your new device. It might have the power but just run slow. I upgraded my pump (easy to do) to run the backhoe faster.

Bill Scharf
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: T340A Crawler Hydraulics question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got the same set up you have but herein lies the confusion. The supply to aux valve comes from a port on the top of the main 3 spool valve. This port is directly above the return port to tank and the returns for both valves run to tee and back to tank. This appears to be a parallel supply to the aux valve. Normally it would be in series, unless there's a work after device in the main valve supply port to the aux valve. I rigged pressure gauges to the work ports on the aux valve and saw no pressure. Valves, fittings and lines all appear to be factory IH and match the IH IPLs. The blade hydraulics all work normally.

Charlie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: T340A Crawler Hydraulics question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember working out exactly this issue long time ago. Don't have machine here to look at. You can take out plugs or disconnect lines to main valve to see part of internals. Pressure is on outside right; that's where I put a pressure gauge from time to time. You can also adapt a pressure gauge to any of those ports. Line to rear valve could be pressured all the time or only when front valve is not in use and feeds through open center. Will see tonight if I have anything in my notes in my manual. Feel free to email directly.

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: T340A Crawler Hydraulics question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am like Charlie .. I have owned a doze of those things..There is something odd about how they did it and you are close. They did not use a POWER BEYOND sleeve in that first valve so things are as you called it parlell rather than series. Get it running and bottom out all three spools on the first valve then I am thinking you WILL have flow (preasure) at remotes.. Let us know. Been 30 years since those things like to have broke my dad. LOL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.