Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davis123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking to buy a power steering pump pulley for a 1957 Ford 600. The pump looks kind of like a starter (shape and size). The fill cap is towards the back of the pump. Do you have one you would like to sell me? I live in the great state of Iowa! This web site does not sell one and I would rather buy used than to give my money to the Chicom.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

post a pic.. sounds aftermarket, or re-purposed from another oem application..

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you may have the first version of Ford Tractor"s PS pump which is known as the "sleeve pump". The pump is all contained within the reservoir unlike the later "gear pump" which had the reservoir mounted on top of the pump.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is that the C3NN3A691B pump that uses the ring style clamp to hold the resv cover on.. looks kinda like the clamp setyp that holds the air cleaner base on..

I've never seen one of those on a tractor.. just in a manual...

davis123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would like to buy a pulley for this pump.

davis123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My manual shows two different types of power steering pumps and this type is one of them. I am guessing someone stole the pulley off this tractor somewhere along the line. It sat for some years before I bought it.

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The part number for that pulley shows as C5NN3D673A, but it appears to be no longer available, so your best bet is to start calling salvage yards, or find a generic one from an auto parts store. Measure the diameter of the shaft that it mounts on and tell them you need a keyed pulley for that diameter shaft that takes a 1/2" x 1/8" woodruff key. measure the diameter of the front face of the pump housing too, as that looks to be the approximate diameter of the pulley, and as long as you're within an inch or so on the outside pulley diameter it should work fine.

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the Sleeve Pump. My 971 Gold Demo has one.

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And I will add that this pump and parts for it are no longer available. You should just go ahead and replace it with the gear pump that is now being reproduced. It will cost less than $200 if I'm not mistaken.

davis123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats crazy talk. I will fab up a pulley and run this pump for as long as it works. If it burns up then I will upgrade. Thanks for the info though.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yep.. that's the one I have seen only in the manual... now I guess I've actually seen one with the pic.. Smile

davis123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could you do me a favor and give me the measurement of the pulley that you have? A picture would be nice too. I would like to see a gold one. Thanks......

awhtx
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 1957 Ford 600 Power Steering Pulley Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pulley is 4" OD.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.