Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what would you do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clampdaddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: what would you do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, I have a '46 McCormick Deering O-6. My great uncle is getting on in years and was having a hard time climbing up on his farmall M that he pulls, so I let him take the O-6 under the condition that he would make sure it gets back to me when he is gone. He made sure that everyone knows about our deal, pulled the hot motor from his M, put it in the O-6 and is having a ball with it.

Anyways, the other day he told me that he appreciated me letting him use the tractor and that he was going to have it all painted and decaled up so when I eventually get it back it will look like a brand new tractor. This is where I need some advice. The tractor has none of the original orchard metal so it looks more like an OS-6 than an O-6. How should I badge it with the new decals? Would you keep the O-6 designation as it has by serial number or would you badge it an OS-6 because that's what it looks like?

JRSutton
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: what would you do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Obviously it doesn't really matter - but personally I'd feel funny putting the "wrong" decals on it - even though it LOOKS right.

It'd just bug me, and I'd feel like I had to explain it every time I talked to somebody about the tractor.

Just one of my many character flaws.

rhtx55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: what would you do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's your tractor, do what you wish !!! I am sure you will get plenty of opinions both ways.
I would first decide how I want the tractor to end up. If you plan on someday purchasing fenders then stay with the serial number configuration and badging. Either way, you can always change the decals later, it's all up to you.

clampdaddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: what would you do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JRSutton wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:39:56 11/16/12) Obviously it doesn't really matter - but personally I'd feel funny putting the "wrong" decals on it - even though it LOOKS right.

It'd just bug me, and I'd feel like I had to explain it every time I talked to somebody about the tractor.

Just one of my many character flaws.

That's kind of what had me torn. Even though it would look more correct it kind of seemed like having a chevelle Malibu and putting an SS emblem on the grill because the previous owner painted racing stripes on it.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: what would you do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put the right decals on.IF anyone asks,simply tell
them the 'tinwork' was gone when the tractor was
purchaced.'nuff said.Who knows, someone may see the
tractor and remember they have some tin for it
hanging in the fruit shed.That happened to a friend
with his O4,could also happen to you!

clampdaddy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: what would you do? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

DeltaRed wrote:
(quoted from post at 02:44:04 11/16/12) Put the right decals on.IF anyone asks,simply tell
them the 'tinwork' was gone when the tractor was
purchaced.'nuff said.Who knows, someone may see the
tractor and remember they have some tin for it
hanging in the fruit shed.That happened to a friend
with his O4,could also happen to you!

Never thought of that. Good thinking. I may have to reconsider shaving the piano hinge off the sides of the hood. Wink

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.