Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In the pics it fairly obvious to see how this was acomplished. The axle is moved ahead 8 in. 1 in. plate steel was used. This was moved that distance because thats the size plate I had lying around. I think you could go 2 to 3 in further without having to change the rear pivot bracket. Were the axle is attached to the plate the back holes are tapped for bolts, the front 2 holes are drilled up through the front end casting secured with nuts and bolts with washers shimming the gap between plate and casting. The other misc. pics are mods I have done to make the tractor easier to service and more comfy. Shorten swing out batt box, tipped forward steps, air seat with light grey int.(cooler). I might be a little slow to answer any questions you might have as we will have a house full of company this weeked. Rod.

MILLERIMPlement
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Few more Options for you! Sun shades for widows, (Made in Kimball Ne). 134 for air cond., (works better than R12), survalence camera and screen (uniden) from Wallmart, (aimed at drawbar and 3 point hitchballs) Need 5.9 volt transformer and adapter from radioshack, and (the one I like best). Case Trimbal easy steer.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, now I know what to ask Santa for Christmas, Rod.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, thats what I was thinking of doing but I wasn't sure about how to attach the front pivot. The air seat is already in the shop. I think I'll try the step plan too.

MILLERIMPlement
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry guys, Case beat you to it. Ck at tractor junkyards for parts. Case had a option for short or long wheelbase new from the factory.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The long wheelbase option was on the 90 series tractors. Extending the wheelbase on 13and 1570's became popular after people seen the benefits of its use on the 90 series tractots. There was a company making a long wheelbase kit for the 12, 13 and 15's who's name I don't know, but CASE never offered it as a factory option that I know of. There is no parts listed in the parts book for anything other than a standard axle. Rod.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Simson Iron Works is who made the kit your thinking of. They are bordering on impossible to find.

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod, I like your improvements, I need to do something like you did with the steps on a few tractors. Hey, I am real close to getting in my new shop. Some plumbing,electrical, and 1 more big door and were in bussiness. I want to be in the 1st of the year. I have held tight to the 970, I don't think I'm going to part with it. Don't let your company eat all the vension! Eric

MILLERIMPlement
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your right jrod. Mud on my face. Last tractors I sold was 70 series. Getting to old I guess

casemagnum
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: JW 1370 axle and Misc. pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can help with the Simonsen Iron Works as they are about 30 miles away. Just let me know.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.