Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wi. deer hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

opening day and fog so thick you can see 10 ft.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe a deer wiii run into you, because he can't see either.LOL
It was crystil clear here and 26F this morning. My son and DIL were in their tree stands just before daylight. An 8pt came out but a very long shot for them with Bows. The Buck went into our sugarbush and "BANG" an Amishman was in there without permission. MY son is Pisssed" to say the least.

Matt H NY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have him arrested. When you adopt a zero tolerance policy with trespassers the word gets out. Have less trouble with them. Never had to have one arrested though.

chevytaHOE5674
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last time somebody trespassed and shot a deer on my property, the deer ended up in MY freezer, and they ended up getting taken to the police station and their rifle was impounded... Haven't had any trouble since...

RBnSC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ever shot a rifle in fog? It makes an eerie sound.
Ron

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Happened to me once. Foggy as heck one morning. When a buck emerged from the fog maybe 40 yards in front of me, the lenses on my scope were fogged over.

I realized then I'd have been better off with my .30-.30 with open sights instead of my .270 with the scope.

wijim
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We hunt west of New London and yes it was foggy. And it was the worst opening day ever, no deer and no one shooting. I hope tomorow is better. Jim

Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just shoot the tires on their 4 wheelers.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Today was the third day here. Saw the fog coming in last nite. Really bad visibility this morning. Cleared about 8am, came back in about 15 minutes later. Was after 9am that it finally cleared again. Was very cold sitting out there this morning. But beautiful again this evening. Bare hand temperatures. Son took a large doe, and we've decided to hang it up for this season. Maybe give it a half hearted attempt in the muzzle season in December.

Mashbox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: wi. deer hunting Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Opening day of general firearms yesterday. My daughter got her first buck, nice 6 pointer. She did a great job.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.