Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meatless Monday? What?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Kr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Watching US Farm Report from my deer blind (finally learning to use my smart phone). Los Angeles is declaring every Monday - Meatless Monday.

Now being a Meatatarian this bugs me. Of course the ban is voluntary. Cattle producers and others are objecting. Me I am starting my own protest against them.
Breakfast- pork products. Lunch - beef products. Dinner- more beef, lamb, goose or something similar. Snacks- beef jerky or course. Really how appealing does tofu jerky sound?

I did see a doe and a small spike this morning. Enjoying a beautiful 35f morning in the woods in northern michigan.

Rick

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm with ya Rick. Can't see eating tofu anything, let alone jerky!
It was so foggy here this morning I couldn't see anything until about 7:30.
Then a second wave of fog rolled in and I couldn't see more than about 50 feet again.
Gave it up and came in.
It was a nice morning other than the fog!

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

its a nice 29f here in east texas

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

According to the Left Coast, Hollywood, Hanoi Jane Fonda, Rosie O Donnell Barbra Streisand, Sean Penn, Reed and Pelosi types, these people are called brave and considered heros for saving the planet, polar bears, stopping global warming etc etc But heck for yearsrsssssssssssss LONG BEFORE MEATLESS MONDAYS I dont eat meat on Fri and they would call me and people who share my values right wing extremists or radicals or religious zealots or a cult or a tea bagger etc etc YEAH RIGHT Go Figure, but you gotta consider the source right........

HURRY I FEAR A POOFFFFFFF SOON LOL

Ol John T Christian Conservatove and darn proud of it

Rick Kr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds a little chiily for Texas. We are suppose to be in the mid 40s til Thanksgiving.
Rick

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chilly 29 here in northern central Pa. I'm not hunting this year. Need to go out and do my ritual of putting up a dozen "no trespassing" signs so the "towners" don't shoot the place up, too bad anyway.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

john , my thoughts exactly ,, why mondae? ,, why not friday as Our Lord intended ,, ??,,.the left coast needs to get rite , and friday abstinance could help

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

California grows a large amount of produce. I would expect it is to promote those industries. We should remember that the original intent of fish on Friday to Catholics was to promote the fishing industry.

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ya'll had our normal temps this summer

John T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep but were considered freaks or zealots or right wing extremist for a meatless day and they poke fun at us, while they are brave compassionate more caring then us corageous heros grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

John T

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Except that good ol Lefty Limbaugh himself is an official fundraising spokesman for HSUS,the ones who are really behind this garbage.
But yea,just because some left wing wackos pass some resolution doesn't make it law or mean that anybody with an ounce of common sense has to follow it.

rrlund,cattle producer

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Laugh if you want, but I just received my first copy of "Vegetarian Times". DO NOT misunderstand, I am a carnivore, but with meat prices being what they are, and no relief in sight, I decided that I should into alternatives. I like my veggies too. Now when it comes to customs or traditions, as what to eat and/or when, that is up to the individual. Far be it from me to speak disparagingly of others eating habits. Lord knows, I have been laughed at enough for promoting traditional Southern fare! Can you say Grits?

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have not really paid attention to meat prices...going to butcher a steer the 1st week of Dec.

Rick

Kent Petersen
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i agree but common sense is had to find any more

TomH in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Meatless Monday? What? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They'll tell you that producing a pound of meat takes enough water to fill an Olympic sized swimming pool and the methane from a single cow was what caused hurricane Sandy.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.