Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug in Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I posted on here before about Deere 6300 or ZETOR.

The Deere is a little small for my needs at 75 HP. ZETOR is no longer an option, heard too many horror stories.

The Agco is 85 HP. Weighs 7300 without loader.
The LS is 97 HP. Weighs 7143 without loader. Makes it a little light for a 97 HP tractor.

The LS is made in Korea. My wife has a KIA Soul also Korean made. It appears the Korea made stuff is OK.

$47,000 buys a new LS. The Agco is $39,000.

LS has a 5 year warranty.

Your opinions on either are welcome. DOUG

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the LS is engine hp, the agco is pto, big difference. if the agco has the cummins engine it should be the same as the LS, if it has the sisu it is a good 5hp higher. i have an 8765 thats as good as it gets, but i have no idea what condition the one is you're looking at.
-john-

Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and if n korea and china make a sandwich out of s korea, your warranty is worth the paper it's written on

BCnT
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

have you checked out Mahindra? dealer in link is who i get my parts from...no other affiliation.
make sure to look at weight and when you call about price i think you'll be pleased.
Mahindra

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your LS (Live Simple) is the same company that manufactured the green Montans for awhile. I know of about three around here and about the only knock I have heard of is dealer support and leaks.
Have you priced a KUBOTA. Are you buying new or used?

Doug in Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have priced Kubota. With both PTO shafts they are still too high. NO used 85 to 110 HP Kubotas around here.

Would like to find a good used one, but most have too many hours.DOUG

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have a good Agco dealer around you I think it would be the best choice. Haven't been around one but it's a well established brand with good dealer support. Also has a Sisu engine, which is second to none. Both have a wet clutch, both have simliar hydraulics. The Agco has 9" more wheelbase for a better ride. One thing abou the LS though, 7143 is weight without any ballast, it's still a lighter tractor, but 1500+lb could be added with CaCl and steel weight. They are actually the same HP, the LS is 85pto HP, which is the same as the Agco. I guess it depends if you'd rather a used domestic tractor or a new off shore tractor with a good warranty.

Doug in Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have AGCO dealers 21 miles away and 35 miles away. Plus a bunch more within about about 60 miles.

Support should be OK with that many. DOUG

Doug in Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Need brand advice again. Agco 8765 or LS P7040CPS Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Agco has about 2810 hours. I have not seen it yet, recent trade in. Will be on lot Friday 11-23-12.

I might not want it, but time is important. I need to offset some taxes because I sold 80 acres in Nebraska at $6500 per acre.

I understand not needed to buy this year but would be better. DOUG

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.