Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deere 9600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Deere 9600 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I watched a Deere 9600 with 6000 engine and 3800 separator hours sell for 19.000 today. I wasn't prepared, but it started right up and looked pretty nice. It had been stored inside, I don't think the BTO's want a machine like this anymore. Tires were duals on the front, new rubber even. I would say about 4k was rubber money.

930 bean head went for 5000 also. Sweet machine for 24,000 I would say. If there was custom work in the area, I should have went in business! I didn't go there planning on buying a combine or I would have, it was a deal.

sideconsole4020guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Deere 9600 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could of got a deal buy you also are probably lucky you didnt buy that combine. Thats alot of sep hours and by that time the side sheets are getting thin, and depending on how much new parts that previous owner put in it you could spent lots of money on it, like the 9600 I put $30,000 into at the shop this summer, it was shot and only had 2000 sep hrs on it.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Deere 9600 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to look and see where you were from Sideconsole, there was a 9600 on an auction near here last fall, not real high hours and on a dealer lot. Had a recent service invoice that was 50, yes 50 pages long. I got a copy of the invoice and let a neighbor that has run Deere combines for 50 years look it over. He told me that he has never seen items fail that were on that invoice, in addition the combine had been on the lot for 2 or 3 years and had been delivered to a farm and been returned. I steered clear and bought a well maintained red machine but a man not far from here did buy that 9600, he has had nothing but trouble with it and for the money he now has in it he could have had a very nice 9500.

sideconsole4020guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Deere 9600 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well you are right about could have had a nicer combine for the money he put into it after he bought it. The combine I worked on the guy had just bought it private for $30,000 and he put $30,000 into it. I will say the only reason it was shot was it had absolutely no care or maintiance from its previous owner. With care It will be a great combine now

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Deere 9600 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's true that you never know what you will find with a used combine, at least at that price, you could put some parts into it and still come out ahead. It was guaranteed to be good, but that only means it runs and works.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Deere 9600 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But-- you never know how far the other guy would have chased you if you joined the fray. (it went that cheap cause you didn't bid)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.