Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jd grain drill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnie tucker tn logger
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have a jd 17x 7 grain drill.it has the long handle
cranks on it.the trips both seem to be worn so they
will not pick it up.i took it apart but did not
learn much.i think the part with the notches is the
problem.can any one help with part numbers or used
parts.the rest of it is working fine.any info will
be welcome .

Briar Hill Brittanys
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've rebuilt several of those power lifts on JD/VB FB and FB-A drills. In every one, the throw out spring has been either broken, missing, or not attached. Also, the drive roller has been rusted up on the drive link. The drive link is the curved, arm looking piece that pivots inside the lift housing. The roller slips on a small shaft, and should rotate, riding in the scalloped inside edge of the outer lift housing. The spring WAS still available from John Deere.....Throw Out Spring, Part # S 918 M, . It's a pretty stout spring. Disassemble that dude, clean the decades old, hardened grease and dirt out of it. Replace the spring (if needed), polish the drive roller with a wire wheel, grease the mating surfaces with a good grease, and reassemble. I've got a copy of the parts breakdown on PDF if you need a page or two to help. The lifts are very reliable. I drilled about 18 acres of wheat and rye with ZERO malfunctions since I rebuilt it last year. The drill was channeled from a 17 to 8 X 7. That's a lot of ups and downs, 56" at a time. HTH Mark

[

Last edited by Briar Hill Brittanys on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
ronnie tucker tn logger
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you for the reply.the parts break down would
be helpful.

Briar Hill Brittanys
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My email is open. Click on the little box below this post that says "email". I can send you the pertinent pages. Mark

Last edited by Briar Hill Brittanys on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ronnie tucker tn logger wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:41:22 11/19/12) thank you for the reply.the parts break down would
be helpful.

You can go to JDparts.com open up the parts catalog for a FB-A drill to view it &/or save it.

Briar Hill Brittanys
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried to do that last night so I could link it for him, wouldn't work. Tried it again by model and equipment search and get no search results found. Must be doing something wrong as that's how I got the PDFs to begin with. Mark

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The parts catalogs for those model drill as you know are PDF. I have had trouble from time to time getting them to download. IMHO a lot depends on ISP speed and time of day.

onefarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: jd grain drill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is your pdf. Copied from JDparts
Clicky Here

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.