Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yesterday I attended a huge farm auction near Blue Mound,Kansas..On it were 12 old tractors with 6 of them being Cockshutts and Coops...They forgot to tell a guy he needed to bring a chain saw..

1-Cockshutt 570 with engine full of water sold for $1500..A scrap buyer was runner-up bidder.

2-Cockshutt 560 diesel with loader sold for $900..

3-E-3 Coop sold for $750..This and the above two tractors went to a Cockshutt collector..

4-E-3 Coop sold for $700 and went for scrap..

5-E-3 Coop LP went for scrap at $450..

6-E-3 Coop at another farm 1/4th mile away went for scrap..We were busy and got down there right after it sold..I assume it went for around $700.

Its hard to compete with scrap buyers willing to pay $300-350 a ton..If you want to see what other stuff at the sale sold for go to the combine forum..

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting. I'm surprised those Co-ops went for scrap at that price I think they would all have found a home with collectors up here. Pretty decent sheet metal on them and that brings good money by itself.

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen the price of 30s drop. Personally they are not my favorite at all of the Cockshutts, that and they made the most of them.

My theory is, a lot of restored Cockshutts have come up for sale lately, estates etc, and I have a feeling there will be more auctions in the next 10 years. Why buy a parts tractor when you can buy a restored one for a couple thousand more? Just my thoughts. (I am 30 and own 9 Cockshutts)

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How many model 30 Propane tractors have you seen?

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

J. Schwiebert wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:25:52 11/19/12) How many model 30 Propane tractors have you seen?

None. The only place I have seen the propane tractors is in the parts book. Propane never made much of a showing around here.

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Matt_In wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:28:31 11/19/12)
I have seen the price of 30s drop. Personally they are not my favorite at all of the Cockshutts, that and they made the most of them.

My theory is, a lot of restored Cockshutts have come up for sale lately, estates etc, and I have a feeling there will be more auctions in the next 10 years. Why buy a parts tractor when you can buy a restored one for a couple thousand more? Just my thoughts. (I am 30 and own 9 Cockshutts)

I guess it depends if a person is restoring tractors for financial reasons, or other reasons, like me.

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics And Results,6 Cockshutts Coops Sell At Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

J.Wondergem wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:31:33 11/21/12)
Matt_In wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:28:31 11/19/12)

I guess it depends if a person is restoring tractors for financial reasons, or other reasons, like me.

I wish I could afford to restore them, I did my grandfathers for it had meaning. Now I try to find nice originals for they are only original once. I don't think I could ever restore one and resell it, would become too attached and I would lose my butt!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.