Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My John Deere 570 grader (6 cylinder 303 cubic inch) has a seized CBC633-12AL injection pump. From looking on the internet, it appears that's a big problem, as no parts are available for the CBC pumps. Does anyone know of any reasonably priced options or should I just sell the grader for scrap/ salvage?

430WLPG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you?

Len
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m near Portland, Oregon

Pops1532
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do a Google search. I Googled the pump number and found the pump you need. I tried posting a link but this site wouldn't allow it.

Len
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. But wow, some wild prices considering my seized core is worth zero.

Pops1532
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might be able to free it up. Soak it in a bucket of E-85 for 2 or 3 days. If that doesn't work try this guy...
thepumpguysc (at symbol) aol.com

Last edited by Pops1532 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Len
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. It seized up while running so I think it has a problem that soaking won't help.

Pops1532
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A guy at the local diesel shop told me they can often free them up.

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Freeing up a rotary pump that seized and getting it to work again is just about impossible without replaced the head & rotor assembly. The tolerances in the distributor section of the head & rotor are extemely close. A few little nicks and scratches and it's all done and no good.

New repair parts have been unavailable for 20 years. Only fix is - to get a used pump like your's - or just convert your engine to use the JDB pump.

570 and 570A can use . . .

These CD pumps . . .CDC633-1AL, CDC633-18AL, CDC633-24AL

These CB pumps . . . CBC633-11AL, CBC633-28AL

These JDB pumps . . . JDB633AL2440, JDB633AL2486, JDB635AL2558, and JDB635MD2804

jm.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But JOHNDEER is the one that advertises they have all the parts all the time. Sounds like they let you down.

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I never heard anyone from Deere claim to supply parts forever. To their credit - in regard to Stanadyne/Roosamaster C series pump - Deere had offered update/changeover kits for 20 years. Just so happens some people did not take advantage of new parts package.

Len
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Seized Roosa Master CBC injection pump Deere 570 grader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I appreciate the info. Hopefully I can come up with something based on one of those pumps. But pricing so far makes it look like grader is not worth fixing.
From what I read it sounds like a "rebuilt" CBC is an inspected used pump, maybe with new seals. Doesn't give one a feeling of confidence that big $ would be well spent going that route.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.