Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cockshutt 50D pics

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hears some pic from last summer with the 50 diesel

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pictures, and a neat tractor!
Thanx
Larry NEIL

Andrew
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you thats one out of 38. Not all are restored but getting close. I can post more pictures of others soon when i have photos uploaded!

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great! The one I drove never used to smoke that much though . Is that a Degelman rock picker that got you stuck? They can be really heavy for a small tractor. Nice set of diskers too. Don't see a lot of them working anymore.

P Heisey Harleysville,PA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

GREAT PHOTOS!!! THANKS!

Keep up the good work!

Phil Heisey

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is that a rod weeder behind the 50D? Must be Canada. What tractor is pulling those two seeders or as somebody called them "diskers"?

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

55 50 Ron wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:18:35 11/21/12) is that a rod weeder behind the 50D? Must be Canada. What tractor is pulling those two seeders or as somebody called them "diskers"?

Yes ,Id bet that is western Canada. Those Cockshutt 225 diskers were popular here in their day (60s and 70s) but one 12 footer would be about all you'd want to pull behind a 50. Dad pulled a Case 12 foot with his 50 gas and it was just fine, might have handled a 15 foot if the land was all flat and dry. Taking a wild guess, is it an 1800 or 1850 pulling the tandem setup of diskers?

Arlandk Kluewer
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very nice looking 50D. How heavy is this tractor and are the tires filled with fluid. I now have my Dad's 50 gas (still all original) and can remember when he could pull the corn chopper and full wagon thru wet low spots that all the neighbors tractors couldn't do it. Those 18.4-34 rice lug tires had fluid and 1 set of wheel weights. Was the air cleaner (glass jar pre-cleaner) a stock item on the 50D?

Andrew
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, 50foot morris rod weeder with 50 feet of flexible harrows. The disker are two 15foot 225's pulled with a White 2-135

Andrew
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually I pull a 18ft 225 with my 50D stomps
right along in 3rd gear

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Arlandk Kluewer wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:55:21 11/21/12) Very nice looking 50D. How heavy is this tractor and are the tires filled with fluid. I now have my Dad's 50 gas (still all original) and can remember when he could pull the corn chopper and full wagon thru wet low spots that all the neighbors tractors couldn't do it. Those 18.4-34 rice lug tires had fluid and 1 set of wheel weights. Was the air cleaner (glass jar pre-cleaner) a stock item on the 50D?

Seems to me dad's 50 gas with full fluid in the rears weighed about 8500 pounds (single rear weights). I see yours has double. Also I see you have converted to a delco alternator from the old style generator. And the old style seat , must be an early 50. Mine has the newer "knoedler" seat with the spring and shock.

Andrew
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Acutally mine is one of the first ones the 50's serial numbers were started at 101 mine is 269th off the line

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one of the last, 40057, ended at 257

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:19:58 11/23/12) Acutally mine is one of the first ones the 50's serial numbers were started at 101 mine is 269th off the line

Mine is #1420 which I think is a 1953. It was actually sold as a 1956 model when my dad bought it in 1959. The hood had been painted yellow and it had the "deluxe" decals to make it look like the newer 50s but I am guessing it was originally all red. It came with disk brakes and the shiftable hydraulic gear.

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 50D pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At last years Cockshutt club banquet, one of the guys in the club was the keynote speaker. At his dealer they had an early E5 they couldn't sell, so after awhile they painted it red and made it a Cockshutt, still didn't sell. In '56 the Deluxe line came out, so they repainted it yet again. Guy came in and bought it on the spot. Same guy had looked at it before but didn't like it....

My serial chart is kind of screwy for 52 -54. But I think yours is a '52.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.