Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Model IH Drill?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Too Far Gone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dont know the model,trying to find out setting for peas or soybeans.Has 3 lids,double discs,and settings for wheat,rye,millet,oats,etc,but no info on bean settings

tbish
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ih no 10 i believe

Too Far Gone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 10 once and it wasnt like this one.Got any chart that tells anything on sowing beans?

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got the same one, mine has an alfalfa seeder on it, sorry I don't know what model it is.

Think it was built before soybeans were a crop around this country, so probably no real chart for them?

--->Paul

Duner Wi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could it be an "M".

Too Far Gone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I dont know

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We need better pictures from all directions. You said 3 lids, that is confusing as that wide a drill should have 2 for each box as if grain only 2 lids, if grain and fertilizer or grain and grass seeder then 4 lids, if all grain, fertilizer and grass then 6 lids. And cannot tell if it has fertilizer or not and definatly not if it has a grass seeder on the back side. Could be a M or MF and I think I do have a seed chart for them if it is in the book and not just under the lid, if only under the lid I sometime colud get the information if it is still in the drill I had.

Ol'Gimpy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No fertilizer,right?? Model "M" , with fertilizer unit,model "MF".

Curt W.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a model M. Dad ran one for years. Pulled it with a 660 IH. Would assume the setting is the same as the 100 series drill. Always set the drill according the size of the bean seed. I'd start at 14 and then adjust according to seed size. Soybeans can really range in size.

Too Far Gone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.I know,So much bean seed is terribly small anymore,,,LIKE PLANTIN BB's

Too Far Gone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its grain only,has 3 lids for the grain,no fert and no grass seed

Too Far Gone
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

another pic

hayshaker5
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What Model IH Drill? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a model "M" in a 12'configuration. I found advertising from IH showing all the different widths and spacings. There were different alfalfa attachments available as well a hydraulic lift kit. My drill has the small grain seed box down where the running board usually is. My dad's was in front of the large seed boxes. There were also different seed metering options. Dad's ran of a big sprocket and my drill has levers to adjust the amount of seed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.