Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM U

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dej(Jed)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I picked up a MM U. It has a one piece head on a 4 cylinder gasoline engine, dual fuel tanks. Also it is on 32" rears and it has a standing platform and a seat. The rears are covered by huge fenders. Might this be a standard version of the U? Also I thought tehy were all 2 peice heads.

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sometime in 1947 the U switched from a single block/head to a split block design (pair of 2 cylinder blocks/heads).

molinegb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have 32" tires it should be a red nosed U.(1938-41) They all had small fenders. Are the tires any good? I am looking for a set. Post a picture or serial number.

Roger H MI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you post a pic. And are you considering parting with the old gal?

dej(Jed)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger H MI wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:43:11 11/19/12) Can you post a pic. And are you considering parting with the old gal?

Can't post from work, but I will after work from home.

dej(Jed)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dej(jed) wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:33:33 11/19/12) I picked up a MM U. It has a one piece head on a 4 cylinder gasoline engine, dual fuel tanks. Also it is on 32" rears and it has a standing platform and a seat. The rears are covered by huge fenders. Might this be a standard version of the U? Also I thought tehy were all 2 peice heads.

Pics[img] [/img]

BMG1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jed,
You've got a red nose UTS. Looks pretty straight too. Well worth saving in my opinion. The toughest part will be finding a good set of 32" rubber. Post the serial number off the tag on the RH side of the transmission or from the engine and we should be able to tell you what year you have.

Brian

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking UTS you have there, Looks like the grille is with it. That is good as they are getting hard to find.Looks like a nice hood side pannel to. The big fenders are what M M put on all Z & U ag.tractors up to WW 2. clint

The Dukester
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: MM U Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, I've got a '47 UTU narrow two wheel front with the one piece block and one piece head...KEF engine. This tractor has the big "crown" over the wheel fenders, big platform, live hydraulics and power steering. Guess it's kind of an "odd duck" equipped this way. Only thing I wish it had was better seat suspension, like a Knoedler seat that came on later tractors....hard ridin' old jewel.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.