Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

combine head model / reel speed control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FarmerZeb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

do i have a model 213 head on my JD 3300?? I have searched for a data plate but have not found a model number.

i have a problem with the reel speed being too fast. my combine does not have the reel speed adjustment in the cab. is there a way to slow the reel down with changing sprockets on the reel drive??

thank you

paul

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have a Quick Tach head, sometimes referred to as the Model 100, but you have a mechanical reel drive. The 213 is hydraulic. There would be a dialamatic black knob on the right of the seat (my edit sorry) if you were even able to have a hydraulic reel on it. There would also be a much larger hydraulic hose under the cab to connect the reel drive hyd lines.
The small hose you hook up when you put the head on is only for the reel height.

Last edited by Dalet on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
FarmerZeb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks

is there any way to change the reel speed with
different sprockets?

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FarmerZeb wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:07:19 11/19/12) thanks

is there any way to change the reel speed with
different sprockets?

Sorry Zeb, I was pretty young the last time I was around a head like that. My Dad had a 220 beanhead when I was about 9 yrs old, so I can't help. I am sure you can adjust the reel speed via a sprocket change, but I don't know what is involved.

On edit, just follow the power flow from the feederhouse to the reel. If there is a belt involved somewhere, there may be a variable speed sheave. JD was pretty good about having simple adjustments.

Last edited by Dalet on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel Watts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The sprockets that drive off the header drive shaft are the ones to change if I remember right.

FarmerZeb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thanks to Dalet's help in identification of my platform i was able to locate a manual and found these instructions

seems straight forward.

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Zeb,
I am glad I could help! That's what we are all here for!

Chester5731
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: combine head model / reel speed control Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is just like the ones for my 55. Fortunatly(sp) mine have the variable reel speed. I have one with a rigid cutter bar and one with a floating cutter bar and the easy cut knife and guards. The floater works real well in soys.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.