Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

My Newest "Implement"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: My Newest "Implement" Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Bagster. I hauled quite a few leaves from the yard to the garden spot about 1/4 mile away...

Razz

the real roger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey thats a neat idea

mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had looked at these things at Lowe's several times trying to figure out what they could be used for. They are $29 and are a portable 'dumpster' for construction waste, etc. When you get it filled, you call the company and they haul it off for some price.

When the leaves started getting raked up in the yard and we're dragging them all over the place piled on old tarps I thought Aha! and went and bought one. They are 4'x8'x2' tall and supposedly hold up to 3500 lbs. Quite handy, so far!

L. B,
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats what I used when I was a kid to go Trick or Treating.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I trust you put the leaves in the specially designed bio-degrader box, or did you just burn them, wasting valuable biomass and garden goodness? Just pushing your chain - good idea ! ;^)

HillsofTn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now there is an idea that I can use!

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob,
When I was raising a family and had a garden, I would get all my neighbors to put their leafs in my garden. I would till the garden first. If the leafs were a foot thick in the fall, by spring there would be less than 6 inches. By the end of the summer, they were all gone. So why put them in a bio-degrader box? They decomposed in the garden, keep the ground moist, keep the weeds down, didn't have to stake the tomatoes. All I did was rake the leafs pack a little and plant the garden. I called it mimimun work gardening. Like no till.

How much can you lift with the boom?
George

mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob Harvey wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:29:09 11/20/12) I trust you put the leaves in the specially designed bio-degrader box, or did you just burn them, wasting valuable
biomass and garden goodness? Just pushing your chain - good idea ! ;^)

All are going right to the garden.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a great idea.
Would work for most anything. Cheap too.
Can you imagine being without a boom pole?
I can't.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

George, the "bio-degrader box" was part of my 'tongue in cheek' comment. I grew up with , and still have a compost box/area. We put all biodegradable (sp?) stuff in it and use the compost on the garden. Only downside is Raccoons like it too. I have a reasonably priced paintball gun that discourages them somewhat, and learned lately , if you freeze the 'balls' ( come on now, the paintballs) they seem to have a better responce. HPH

mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:37:17 11/20/12) That is a great idea.
Would work for most anything. Cheap too.
Can you imagine being without a boom pole?
I can't.

I love the boom pole. Great for all kinds of things. Tractor Supply has a 'sling bag carrier' but it's $80 plus tax/shipping. I really wanted one but didn't want to spend that money. This Bagster is less than 1/2 that price.

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am and I've been looking for one for over a year. They don't come up very often for sale. Boy they look handy.

mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: My Newest Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.thebagster.com/

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters