Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Side emblems on TO20 hood

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg3888
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a TO20 with no (ferguson) emblems on the side of the hood. I noticed on a picture in a recent post ( ferguson at Newark England pt, 2) there was no side emblem on that Ferguson ether, and there no hole drilled in hood. Could someone please tell me why. thanks . sorry for the long post

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just Googled "Ferguson TO 20 farm tractor" Came up with several pictures and none of them seemed to have had emblems on the side of the hood. Only one did, but it seemed to have been "restored" with new paint., etc. Yesterday's Tractor lists hood side emblems, but states that you have to drill holes. Looks like the same as on a TO30.

Jeff-oh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Early TO-20 did not have side emblems. The TE-20 never had side emblems.

Graeme(Aust)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My late (1956) TEA20 UK made , assembled in Australia, has side emblems on the hood.

Last edited by Graeme(Aust) on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
HillsofTn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MY 1948 TO20 had decals instead of emblems, but the holes for the emblems were there - underneath the decals.

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 1950 TO-20 has holes for emblems, but they're missing. (They're missing on a lot of the TO-20s and TO-30s I've seen at auctions - but the holes are still there.)

That also assumes that my hood is the original TO-20 hood, and not a TO-30 replacement.

The Parts Book for the TO-30, TO-20, TE-20 and TEA-20 shows a cast side emblem that says "Ferguson-30", which I'm betting is for the TO-30 (!).

It also shows one that just says "Ferguson", but it doesn't specify which of the other models it goes on.

I'm getting the "Ferguson" side emblems for my TO-20 after I get it painted, since it's already got the holes.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 1951 TO20 does not have the side emblems or the holes in the hood for them. I agree with Jeff that earlier ones didn"t have them. On the other hand I haven"t ever seen a TO30 that didn"t have them. Not saying that they don"t exist but I personally haven"t ever see one. The emblems for a TO20 or 30 were the same design, the 20"s just said Ferguson and the 30"s said Ferguson 30. As far as the TEA series I have no clue but the above picture of one looks like the badges from the later TO35 because they were more rounded. That may be where they got the design for the 35"s from, is from the TEA series. I don"t know...just guessing on that one.

greg3888
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

first of all Thank You for the replys. the parts manual states the same hood for TO 20's and 30's. and different side lables for the 20"s and 30's (just looked that up). So now I'm thinking the original 20's hood had no side emblems and no holes, when the 30's came out the hoods were drilled for side emblems and if you replaced the hood for the 20 it came with holes. so you put the 20's emblems on and some guy's liked the side emblems so they installed them on there 20's. boy,now I have the answer when somebody ask me on my next tractor ride Ha Ha.

Duner Wi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My early TO20 has no emblems but 2 later TO 20's have chrome bolt on emblems. The early TO20 may have had a Ferguson decal where the emblems would be bolted on if it had any.

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Side emblems on TO20 hood Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TEA's never had any badges unless they were fitted locally, but never on production. Canadian TEA's, some had Ferguson 20/85...John(UK)....fergusontractors@hotmail.com

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.