Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay, my wife says I can by it for myself for Christmas. Let me say it tooks some begging to go look at it. If it was a regular M she would have never noticed, I'm afraid this one would get noticed
I have a call into the owner to get a serial number, but I believe I'm looking at an
MV
Can anyone confirm only 1674 built.
If its not stuck, what kinda a price should I start at. Will probably go look at it Friday
Tracy

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be a MV chassis, can't tell for sure by the picture. Could also be a special use tractor chassis. Wide front looks like a special manufacture or a good job by the end user on the front axle drops. Wide front parts are newer than a M or MV tractor. Its not a original MV type wide front. Look at the serial plate, rear drops (gear or chain drive) or the gear shift location to tell or get a idea if its a MV chassis.

John A.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tntleake, One possibility could be some one, had an MV and cratered the factory front end,,, or he acquired a set or rear drop axles off of a MV. Put them on a regular M. Then simply modified the regular wide front to get the right height.
No 2 ways about it, It is still Unique & Different & Nice. Get it in your stable ASAP!!!!
The front is not factory, but that still doesn't mean a thing till you get the Serial #!!!
Keep us posted we'll help figure it out.
Later,
John A.

Old-F20
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if the serial tag says MV id buy it if it were were a good price since the front axle isnt correct. You can happen across a front axle, they pop up ever now and again. If the tag simply says M on it, i wouldnt spend over 800-1000 since the collectabilty of it went to nothing

TJV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MV or not the front end is unlike any I have ever seen before. My thought on the front after reading other posts is "could the MV have come out of the factory with a tall single front wheel?" and this front is a later conversion? just my first thought or 2 cents worth you really have no idea what it will be until you look closely at it.

Old-F20
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: FOUND: Farmall MV, Gotta stop looking for tractors Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tjv wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:59:34 11/22/12) MV or not the front end is unlike any I have ever seen before. My thought on the front after reading other posts is "could the MV have come out of the factory with a tall single front wheel?" and this front is a later conversion? just my first thought or 2 cents worth you really have no idea what it will be until you look closely at it.

front end is home made. they siply cut off the spindle tube, made a piece out of plate shaped as an oval and added gussets.

M's with drops and a single front were cotton pickers

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.