Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OK crabby old men, what irritates you ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not asking about the recent elections or a bad life choice you made 20 or 30 years ago, I'm wondering about the little day to day irritants that make us well... "crabby old men"!
Mine for the day was a huge diesel dually parked at the mini mart squarely between the 2 pump islands and effectively blocking 8 pumps and nowhere near to any of them to have fueled up. Of course the truck had out of state plates and the logo on the door identified it as drilling company rig. So what are you in a lather about this morning?

Tiny in SD
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grumpy old women!

WGWKy2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Grumpy old men? Not here they are all downstairs.

gtractorfan
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Drivers in a hurry to pull out in front of you, then drive way below the speed limit where you can't pass.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The one thing that will upset me fast is when you have some one who says they will be out on such and such day and you wait and wait for them and they never show up. Or the person who calls and says they will be here at 1pm and they do not show up till 4pm. That is one if not the most irritating thing I know of

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well my BS filter filled up years ago. So I can't take anymore BS. Common problem in old guys. LOL

As far as what makes me grumpy: Well just about anything that is younger, older, or even moves some days. The list would be a mile long.

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or drivers in a hurry to pull out in front of you, then immediately decide that they have to take a left turn and make you stop while they take that left turn.

Billy Shafer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will give it a shot.
1 People blocking fuel pumps.
2 Screaming kids.
3 Back talking kids
4 People that stop in the door of a store to talk.
5 People that block an isle to hold a reunion.
6 People that wait to the last minute to write a check at the checkout line.
7 People that complain because something cost a penny more at checkout.
8 People that bring me equipment to fix. Tell me no hurry. Then they call every ten minutes checking on it.
9 People that move to my town. Then tell me how good it was were they used to live. Why did you leave.
10 I had better stop. I am getting crabby and no one is here but me.

greygoat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What irratates me on Y/T ?
People who ask What type of lube, and how much,
does my tractor transmission take ?..That's the
ones who are too dumb, too cheap, or too lazy, to
get an owners manual !

redtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! Lets see...Every one of mine will start with @holes that...
Pull out in front of you going the same 1.direction go 1/4 mile then turn right and behind me is nothing all the way to the horizon.
2.Huge fat azzed women that just can't figure out why their feet, knees or hips hurt! (why don't I load what equals another full sized man on my but and see what my feet do)!
3. Freeloaders lining up for grocery give away in 50k$ vehicle
4. dumb azz that has to pull out in front of me going same direction while i'm in rh lane of four lane because " there's a left lane! I should just move over for him!"
5.Citiots on quads or snowmobiles that do not own land they are tresspassing on and just can't figure out why they can't ride where they want.
6. Gum chewing, makeup applying, phone talking women that need to go 20+ over the limit riding about 5ft off my azz. "Eat my brake lights! beeotch!"
I need to stop now

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Between where my farm and where I work my "real" job there is a five mile stretch of roadway that is basically rural but also goes through a small community. It has a double yellow line all the way.

The speed limit is 30 MPH and the police enforce it erratically. I drive the speed limit because I don't want a ticket. Every day there is a pile-up of cars behind me wanting to go faster.

They have bright headlights that they sometimes flash at me, horns that they sometimes blow at me, and well-known hand gestures that they show to me. IT AIN'T MY IDEA TO SET THE SPEED LIMIT. Talk to the county commissioners if you want to, but leave me alone.

Tom in TN

C.R.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

people driving 55 M.P.H. in the FAST lane,people who dont know what turn signals are for,Liars,folks that want to borrow expensive tools that get upset when I say NO!

Jerry/MT
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Politicians-a hand full of promises and mouthfull of lies!

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone who calls me a crabby old man!

NCWayne
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: OK crabby old men, what irritates you ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think all of the previous replies cover 90% of the things that irritate me. Two things I didn't see listed, that bug the crap out of me, are the kids walking around with their pants pulled down around the cheeks of their a$$, and the ones with their bought new, but worn out looking, hats sitting on their heads cocked to one side. I saw one like that, who thought he was COOL, talking to a friends daughter. I told him that out here in the country we wore our hats the RIGHT way, and when someone told him he looked 'stupid', it wasn't a compliment like it's become in 'the hood'.

That said I can sum it what sets me off in four words..."I hate stupid people".......

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.