Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1555 hesitation carburetor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob seND
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: 1555 hesitation carburetor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've replaced the carburetor with a rebuilt one. It fixed the need to run with choke on, but I can't get it adjusted to eliminate the stumble/hesitation on opening the throttle. I've adjusted the load and idle screws per specs, and per multiple recommendations on this forum. Is that as good as it gets?
rpostmo

bobbyboywestcentIN

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1555 hesitation carburetor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try looking on the ignition side then. maybe new plugs.

johns
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1555 hesitation carburetor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob, when I worked at our local dealer the tractors that came in with an aluminum bodied carb we would swap out for the same one except with a cast iron body. The aluminum ones would warp and we could never get them to run right. Not sure what model the 155 has or if this would fix your problem, but it sounds like you"ve tried a number of things.

young tractor

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1555 hesitation carburetor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I darned near lost my religion over a 1850 gas that was like that. I ended up finding some insulation in the top neck of the sediment bulb. It just wasn't getting quite enough fuel. I did everything I could think of. I rebuild the carb, electrical, etc. The final touch to get it running just right was to farmer time it by sound. Just loosen the distributor a little with it running and move it a little one way or the other until it was running just right. Now it roars right out of the yard and has been for 7 years since.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1555 hesitation carburetor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are your points opening far enough?
If it's just a hesitation when you take off,I'd rule out any problem with gas flow to the carb. The carb bowl should hold enough gas to run the tractor for 10-15 seconds anyway.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.