Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
masseypride
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Harvest Photo's

masseypride
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

more photo's

rkc9700
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

really great photos, love seeing these , wish more were posted. things were so much different then. in 1991 we were in montana and caught up to quite a few harvest crews in a liilte town as the wheat was yet to green. i think we counted around 60 total combines. it was on Hwy 212 in the southeast part of montana. broadus or hammond maybe?

1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love the pictures..Thanks..

twostepn2001
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Man those pics bring back memories. In the summer of '72 I went on the harvest with Dale Starks' crew from Manchester, Okla. Started in Iowa Park, Tx and ended up in Cutbank, Montana. Had 6 Massey 510's and 8 Chevy bobtail trucks.
I had a Polaroid camera and took tons of pics then but being a snot nosed kid of 18 I lost them over the years.
Thanks for posting the pics!

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great old pictures, we ran a 410 massey back in the early 90's . Looks like all the combines have extra gas tanks to make it through the day.

BarryNWK

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that the Jones crew out of
linclon Ks? Any idea the location when the pics were taken?

OliverGuy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pictures. I had a 410 gasser. Still trying to get my hearing back.

masseypride
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This crew was R.W. Jones out of Shady Bend, Kansas, but yes part of the large family of custom cutters from around the Lincoln area. The other three brothers were from the Barnard area which is north of Lincoln. The first bunch of pictures where taken near Sturgis, South Dakota. The others with the MF 750 were the homeplace south of Shady Bend and for neighbors right close by. I'm the young boy on the left in the family picture in the trailer house. The one with the great smile. Just joking. I was told that between the Jones Brothers and all of there kids along with nephews like Mike Louder, the family as a whole order 73 new MF combines that year. I know we ordered seven from our side of the family. Three for my grandpa R.W. Jones, two for my dad Dick, two for my uncle Steve. All seven where gear drive 750's. Our parents never had to worried about Christams gifts in those years, MF would send out a truckload of Massey Ferguson toys for us to play with. Those truely were great days for our family. The pictures with the five were when dad and Granpa would cut together. Uncle Steve
would join us on the realy big jobs.

Masseypride

R Wyler
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for posting those pics great to see them. I was born too late to see the good times.

justanothercase
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pictures, especially like the "pass quietly driver asleep" on the mud flap.

Erik Ks farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you! I really enjoy the pictures and the story that goes along with it!

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that Bear Buute in the background, must have been dirty without a cab. I remember the cold days and nights picking corn with a 510 and that worthless box heater in the cab!

rusty6
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dboll wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:11:36 11/25/12) Is that Bear Buute in the background, must have been dirty without a cab. I remember the cold days and nights picking corn with a 510 and that worthless box heater in the cab!

Those are some interesting shots. I wonder if they ever made it up as far north as Saskatchewan? I remember seeing some custom cutters running Masseys back in the late sixties up this way.
And I can't imagine ever getting cold in the cab of a 510 Massey. That 350 Chevy at my right elbow put out plenty of heat as I recall.

NEKS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1968 and 1973 Harvest Photo's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went on the harvest in 62 and run Super 92's. Wonder what the life span was on a machine used like that. You have great pictures.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.