Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just came in from the shop. Wanted a stone boat to pull with my miniature horse team. Used green deck materials. Some rip sawing, some cross cut sawing with the radial arm saw. Some 45 degree cuts with the miter saw. Some steel cutting with the metal band saw and some welding of the steel pieces to form the front to pull from and welding of of the tubing to form a seat. Drilled a few holes with the drill press. Put most of it together with construction screws. I even used my belt sander to smooth the seat top.
Not a big or fancy job but a fun job in any case.
Just another training tool. Might add a bar across the front to tie the raines to.

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What, no airbag and seatbelt??? I'm gonna tell, I'm gonna teeee-eeeell, LOL/JK!

Brad Buchanan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice job Guido!

Looks to be very well made. I may have led a sheltered life but I never saw one with a seat before.

Brad

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most people working with a team don't have Nuropathy in the legs and feet. It is a personal crutch to do what I like to do. I was going to use a folding chair which did not get great reviews from Dixie.

Brad Buchanan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Dick!

First of all I apologise for flubbing your name. I put fingers in gear before engaging brain.

I understand completely about neuropathy. I have more than a touch in my feet. Doc put me on Neurontin and it helps a lot.

My Grandpa got me with the 'would you like to go for a ride on the stoneboat?' bit when I was about 12. That version was pulled by a John deere 2-lunger. Not much ridin' but lotsa sweat, dirt and sore back.

I always loved to watch the pony pulls at the county fair.

Best of luck,

Brad

Switchflicker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doc put me on Neurontin and it helps a lot.

Does the Neurontin help the numbness or just the pain shots?

Switchie

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the Doctors have me on vitamin B1, B12, Cerovite and Gabapentin. Also 15 to 20 Ibuprofen per day or as needed.I add some Acetaminophen from time to time.
Two other doctors have me set up for a shot in the spine that I have been putting off.

Brad Buchanan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Used My Home Shop Tools This Weekend Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For me the Neurontin (gabepentin) helped me by reducing the numbness in my feet and in so helped me with balance.

Oddly enough my wifes' doc told her about the use of tonic water (quinine) to control cramping and joint pain. It didn't help her but I went from having to ice my knees to get to sleep every day to once every month or so.

Brad

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters