Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bucket Teeth

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jred_82
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need some help indentifying the teeth and shanks on a backhoe bucket. I have looked it over and cannot find any part numbers etc. Below are some pictures. The first two pictures are of the shank. Each side of the shank has a 2 step recess in it, but no thru hole. The current teeth are welded on and do not appear to line up with the recesses on the shank.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like a std "peen" on bucket tooth like early Case backhoes and other used, one more thing to note is they are all on the wrong way, the thick wear edge goes on the dirt flow side not on the bottom, they will dig much easier/faster when installed the correct way/angle , I get mine from my Case dealer cnt

marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

old case pin type and they are on right they will not fit the other way. you will have a lot of work to fix the out side on that was used bare and the ones they weld on see that kind of crap 3 or 4 times a year. case dealer has them for something like 15 bucks with pin

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see the holes in the shank now he said not the pin type so I assumed but they dang sure are on wrong I sold Case backhoes for 25 plus years and have put thousands of hour on digging with them in the worst conditions around, you do not put the thick side dowm and this is not the high wear area the dirt flowing inside the bucket is what wears them and installed correctly they create their own "draw" for digging, you put them on how you want but my way they will out dig you in frost/hard ground 2 to 1 cnt

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I remember working at a job and there was a disagreement on welded bucket teeth. For a backhoe application, the thicker flat side goes up and does the digging. On something like a skid steer or maybe a front end loader, the thick piece goes on the bottom so it leaves a flat surface. I hate the welded teeth on my skid steer because the thinner part wears thin and the teeth rip off. On backhoes the welded teeth are known to break as well. On a backhoe putting the thicker piece on the bottom would make them break a lot easier.

lyle niemi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what I would do is cut the old shanks off and weld on some new ones. You only need about 4 or 5 on that bucket. On one of my backhoe buckets had bought shanks that fit a bigger trackhoe and welded them on my backhoe bucket, they have the pin and washer system to hold the teeth on and makes it alot easier to change teeth

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bucket Teeth Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Case Nutty 1660 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:40:30 11/25/12) looks like a std "peen" on bucket tooth like early Case backhoes and other used, one more thing to note is they are all on the wrong way, the thick wear edge goes on the dirt flow side not on the bottom, they will dig much easier/faster when installed the correct way/angle , I get mine from my Case dealer cnt

Looks like the teeth on my 16" bucket are on backward then. They are going to stay that way for now as I had to weld them on. Someone before me ran it too long without changing and wore into a couple shanks.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.