Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3pt won't raise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
t970

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let the 3pt down and now it won't come back up dosen't do anything the remotes work fine. Would this be the valve under the seat or do I need to look some where else, everything else seems to working.

1370 pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i'm assuming that you are referring to a 970?if you are i would check the linkage.should be able to take the platform up(where your feet rest when your sitting in the seat)and have someone move the lever.dads 970 has a tendancy to break the roll pin on the pin going into the housing.if that is it you'll have to remove the seat to get at it.i doubled the roll pin last time.anything farther you'll have to check with the real experts on here.

Idaho spud
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a 930 and 1030 for years Had that same problem but the hyds' wouldn't work either. It was the relief valve under the seat that would stick. I would pull the top off the valve pull the plunger out of the piston, clean and emery both and it was a fast fix, but not forever. It would happen maybe twice a year. It only takes a flake of carbon in the relief valve to stick it up. Don't know if the 970 is the same, probably not, the 970 has the power shift doesn't it. But it has to be a relief valve located some where.Good luck.

t970

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it is a 970 standard shift thanks for the relpy I will check this out

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First remove plate under your feet in platform, looking to the rear you will see a spool protruding out the 3pt. valve with a spring over it. Now moving the 3pt. lever back and forth should cause the spool to go in and out. If it does not either the cable or the lever roll pin mentioned earlier is broken. If those items are OK and it still does not move there would be linkage disconnected in the draft control box, that is very uncommon. If everything is moving correctly the problem more than likely is a stuck spool in the control valve. Seat and its platform has to be removed to access the valve, cable, or roll pin. If valve has to be cleaned refer to a manual for its removal and disassembly. Remember durring removal, assembly and installation cleanliness is very important. There are other things inside the tractor that will cause the arms not to raise but these items mentioned are by far the most common. Rod.

dcz3
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a 930 with cab from Salvage Yard Cheap ran great but no 3pt "too expensive to fix" The control that lies on the floor was in the wrong position. Moved it and it worked fine, apparently previous owner had kicked it back with his foot. could you prpoblem be this simple?

T 970
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Should I have tractor running when I test this or not? Thank you I will get back to you it may be a week or so traveling alot this time of the year.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 3pt won't raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nope,can check that with engine off, Rod.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.