Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

oem tractor parts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am an Oliver guy, but I am working on a farmall cub for my brother. I ordered some parts from oem 11 days ago, and have not gotten a shipping notification yet. I called, and they said they should ship soon, they were waiting on a part. I can get about any hard to find oliver part I need as fast as ups can get here. Is this typical for oem? I need some more parts and would like to order from them, but not if the service is like this. I need a correct wiring harness, good decals, and some other small things.
Josh

Russ600
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi

I have ordered a fair amount from OEM, and on occasion they waited to ship all of the order at once. They did that so it wouldn't increase shipping costs. I have good luck with all their products.

Cheers

Russ

bmagee
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have ordered a couple times from them and found them very helpful and good service.

400Dtractorman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My son ordered a part awhile back and it hasn't been shipped yet either. I have not been happy with them on the parts that i've ordered and only order from them when I have to..

tractor vin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

been dealing with OEM for long time,If you need parts in a hurry you need to tell ship what you have ship rest latter but you pay for extra shipping

CNKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My guess is their business has become less efficient since the owner died loading a tractor about a year? ago. I ordered some spark plug wires and 3 gauges in Sept, received them in Nov, still one gauge back ordered. I don't want OEM to go under since they have many parts that no one else makes.

Farmallhal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like most folks on the Farmall forum have ordered from them before for IHC items. I recall from their paper catalogs (last one was printed in 2010) that several items are made to specific orders and to receive those items it takes fabrication process time prior to shipment. I also recall from their catalogs the statement - "You order, We make, You wait, We ship" and to order early as it commonly takes two weeks for those parts. As noted by CNKS they do make a lot of stuff that can't be found elsewhere. Also, in addition to the owner dying in the tractor accident a couple years ago, another key person, Thurman, passed away earlier this spring. The last items I ordered from them were quickly received as they were here in a couple of days by UPS, Hal.

mikeintn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also have order a lot from them, sometimes it shows up fast, sometime slow, sometime it fits, sometime it dosent, hope they do stay in business.

LA in WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have ordered a bunch of parts from OEM and like their service.
However, I have also ordered from this website (under Marketplace and click on Tractor Parts) and sometimes the same part costs less than from OEM...and the parts are very good.
LA in WI

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most items are made in batches, even the stuff OEM gets from outside suppliers. If OEM had a run on a certain part, and the supplier is out too, then they wait until the supplier restocks, which could take months.

Nobody keeps excess stock on hand these days. It helps keep costs down and the doors open.

If the part they out of stock on can be gotten somewhere else, have them remove it from the order and ship the rest.

sgtbull
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd think you should just be happy that you can get the part (parts) at all. Seems that everyone expects everything to be at their door in a couple of business days. That's fine for the imported crap that is made by the bijillions, but some things actually take time to fabricate.
I've done some casting work for fellas a few times. Its just a sideline I've done, not my primary business. I was asked to cast a piece for a fella that was fairly straight forward, but I told him it would be a while before I got to it, maybe as long as a month, as I didn't want to set everything up for one small part. He seemed okay with it. The next week he called wanting the part. Told him I hadn't even thought about starting on it yet. The next week he called again. Twice. I told him to come by the house to pick up his part. When he showed up, I handed him a chunk of brass, a couple of pounds of greensand, and a match. Told him it was a "casting kit" and if he wanted, he could take it and try to cast his own part.
He got the hint.
A week later, I had a couple more parts to cast, and finished his at the same time. He was pleased to be able to get the part and had an epiphany about how things work.
Be thankful you can even get the parts and have some patience.

F-Dean
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The owner's widow and some staff are trying to keep things running. Hope they make it.

They are a couple miles off I-55 north of Bloomington, Illinois. Stop in and buy if you are traveling on I-55 in north central Illinois.

1953 Super M
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: oem tractor parts? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had awfully good luck with OEM and have never been disappointed in the quality of their products and the speed of their service. I agree with Kelly, Hal, and Jim, just glad we can still tap into them for the original matching parts. Know its gotta be tough on them with all the tragedy surrounding them and the OEM family but they still are hooking and jabbing!

Last edited by 1953 Super M on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.