Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1970's Case paint color

View previous topic :: View next topic  
440 six pack

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello, I am restoring an early 1970's Case 1070 tractor. I know the hoods and the cab should be the Desert Sunset color but I have a question about the red color, should it be Flambeau red or is the Case Ih Power red correct? Also on the Black Knight demonstaters did they just use a flat black paint? I want to make them as acurate as I can.
Thanks for all your help

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Flambeau was discontinued in 1969 with the "30" series, all "70" series tractors used Power Red, the BK tractors, used a flat Black or Satin Black I think cnt

440 six pack

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, there is wealth of great knowledge on this forum!

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nutty, I've always questioned that statement. I thought power red didn't come along until power white was used for the hoods and cabs in '73 ????? I thought both power colors were introduced together along with the new David Brown tractors at that time, not three years earlier. That said, I've seen many 470 and 570s in original paint that look like Flambeau to me. I certainly don't know for sure but just what I was told once or twice and my own observations.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry to say who ever told you that was wrong, I have a 69 lit telling of the "NEW POWER RED" on the Jet Age tractors, thing about these details is I was there at the time and have good memories of the "70" intro as it was a big thing then to us dealers, we also had Flambeau and Power Red on the parts shelves when the first ones came in as it seemed we always needed to touch up some thing before delivery, some things I will bow out on but this is not one of them LOL cnt

Old Rusty
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nutty,
I would have to agree with you as I was there at
Bong airbase when we introduced them to the
Dealers in that large tent. I never have gotten so tired of spot painting and blacking tires in my life as I did getting that equipment ready to show you guys.
Roy G

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for your hard work it was a wonderful show,,, how about some stories from those days??? cnt

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't argue with you as I was only five years old in 69. I'm glad to hear the stories from you old farts who were there. Hee hee

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL

Agri King
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Old rusty and nutty, Are these pics from "Bong" airbase?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By no way am I trying to slash open an old well healed scare, but you and I had a confrontation on Flambeau and Power Red, going on 3 yrs. ago on this forum. LOL. As I said back then, Power Red to me lookes better, and the current Desert Sunset, has a much richer hue to it, than the original DS. I like them, but to each his own.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

By no way am I trying to slash open an old well healed scare, but you and I had a confrontation on Flambeau and Power Red, going on 3 yrs. ago on this forum. LOL. As I said back then, Power Red to me lookes better, and the current Desert Sunset, has a much richer hue to it, than the original DS. I like them, but to each his own.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was there also, with my dad.
As bro said please tell us more to jumpstart our memories.
Loren Dealer #45 Syracuse NY Branch.
Loren

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970's Case paint color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey, no problem here. But lets talk about this Loren. I love that we can ask you guys these questions and get straight answers. There's no one at CaseIH that knows anything.
You mention the current and original desert sunset as two different colors. So did the desert sunset get changed in 69 to go along with the power red?
Was the formula just tweaked a little and still called desert sunset? Same paint code or part number? Also I've heard some refer to desert sand. Just wrong terminology or did case make a color desert sand for a few years before going to the power white?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.