Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

48 loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AF 70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: 48 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will a model 48 loader fit on a 70? Aside from using low pressure cylinders, will there be any hydraulic issues such as valves for bucket? My kaput loader used a latch-type bucket and that's good enough for me.

Thanks!

MSM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere made 48 loader mounts for the 2 cyl tractors, which if memory serves bolted to the frame of the tractor,and also went back to the rear axle. You don't have to change the cylinders, you will need an open center valve for it to work on the 70,

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I do not know where you are at but I have a loader that might interest you.It is a heavy duty quick attach with a valve.It is on a 630 that I bought 2 weeks ago.It was built by Triggs in Belmond IA.It has no welds or breaks and hyd. bucket. I want $1000 for it.I am located in southern WI and may be able to deliver it for a reasonable price. To answer your question Deere did make a 48 loader for the two-cyclinder tractors it was a universel frame with lower pressure cyclinders, Dad had a new one on his 720 back in the late 1960's. I never cared for the single cyclinder on the bucket of a 48 but they seem to hold up very well.If interested in my loader reply back. Thanks Tom

Ferd
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking at my owners manual for the 48 loader, it says the Quick-Tatch Frame loader is designed for the 20 series (lists them all). Then it says the Universal Frame Loader is designed to work with the two cylinder tractors (includes the model 70 in the list) and also lists several Farmall tractors.

I have the Quick-Tatch on my 4020 and I think it's two narrow to fit a 70.

wjrkrebs
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where in Southern WI are you? I am also in Southern WI. I have a 4010 gas I am thinking about puting a loader on. Do you know if your loader will fit a 4010? Thank You, Wayne

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am located south of Cobb,which is 10 miles west of Dodgeville.This loader would be great for your 4010 gas. I am not very good with a computer so call me at 608-623-2851.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.