Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tsc lowes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently purchased an LP back up heater. It has 3 cremanic brick and produces 6-12-18,000 BTU's/hour. It can be purchased at lowes and amazon. It comes with an oxygen sensor. Has a standing piolet light. No batteries required. You have to use your own 20# tank. I'm impressed with how clean it burns and the heat it produces. I also bought a 120v digital gas / CO detector with battery back up.

That said, I got a lesson on 20# propane tanks. Some places only put 15 pounds in them and want $20+tax when you exhange tanks.

TSC to the rescue. I took my 20# tank there and they filled it for $2.29/gallon. It cost me $11.03 tax included. Just about half price. I'm sure there are other places that may fill my tanks, I just don't know where. TSC didn't take any time at all to fill them and it wasn't out of my way.

I have four 20# tanks filled. Now that I'm ready for bad weather, it won't up set me if it doesn't get here. Also have chains on the Jubilee and the a 7 ft snow blade. Let it snow, let it snow.....let it snow:)

George

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. THOUGHT MY COMPUTER GOOFED, INSTEAD I GOOFED
GEORGE

Tracy Brown
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Sounds like you are ready.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually, I have ten empty 5 gallon gas cans. Waiting for the gas prices to dip before I fill them. Gas seems to go bad if it sits for a long time. I think 50 gallons will run my generator for a few days.

DoubleR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It didn't take me long to figure that one out either. You are paying extra for the convenience with the exchange. It just takes a little longer to have your own tank filled. I go to the Flying J to fill my 30 pounders.

Russ from MN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Menards and HD are about $18 to exchange, the only time I do that is if the tank is not refillable. Cenex fills them for $13 if you take at least 2.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Russ you are right $18 at menards and if you read on the side of the tank,you get 17 pounds.

As for me, TSC and Menards are not out of my way. It took me as long to exchange at menards as it did to refill at TSC.

Another nice thing at TSC, they will top off a tank and you get charged for what they pump in your tank.

I think it's a good bargin. Hope it's helpful to some.
George

Mark-Mi
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one of those heaters. I tapped into my propane line at the gas water heater. At the bottom of the vertical line that comes down the side of water heater. Put a 1/4 cock valve on with a cap on the bottom for safety.
Can put the hose on and have it going in 5 minutes.

Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There were law suites lost over those small tanks. Some were short selling and we have found that you can t always fill the new OPD valves to 20#, they fill so far and shut off the gas flow. Always go where they fill your tank and return it to you.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: tsc lowes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSC put between 4.5 and 4.6 gallons in my tank. Charged for 4.5 gal. Did the math 4.2 lb/g x 4.55 gal = 19.11 lb. So, they came close to the full 20 lb.
George

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.