Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TO 30 Block Repair

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFC Diesel
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anyone have pictures, or solid information on doing tension bolt repairs to fix the Z129 engine block crack repair between the cylinder webbing.

Pat Williams
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have pics on work computer send me an email to cascadecollision@att.net and ill send them to you. Mine has been going almost 3 years with this repair.

PackardV8
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm wondering if only ONE bolt could be used thru just the very centre of the blockrather than 3 such bolts. My TE20 is cracked top and bottom at all SIX webs.

Doing ust one would be alot easier than 3. The centre is the easiest anyway. If one would just do the job and keep it from leaking then why bother with the other 2. Anyone tried just one???

Last edited by PackardV8 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PackardV8
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also note that there is alot of cast iron to drill thru due to the internal block support web. About 1-1/4" on each side. The CI drills pretty easy but still alot meat to drill thru.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ive got a Z120 engine that I bought that had the tension rod fix done to it. I can get you measurements or pics of it if you need it.

SFC Diesel
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys, and thanks Pat for the pics and phone call. If a guy named Earl calls, thats my uncle who will be doing the actual work. The tractor was my grandfathers, he bought it new and has sat ever since he tried welding the webbing. Now my cousin if trying to restore it for a FFA project and its become a family effort. Unfortunatly I live a couple states away, so I just get to be the research hound.

Thanks again, Ill keep you all posted.

VTParts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a good Z129 block for sale complete with pistons.

SFC Diesel
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey VTparts, shoot me a email at garf299@gmail.com with a price and your location, were going to try the tension rods first but if that fails we will be looking for a block

thanks

VTParts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: TO 30 Block Repair Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have sent you a personal message. Price for the block is 495.00 plus shipping. I ship very reasonably in the USA.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.