Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New and improved mouse trap.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A guy went to Canada on a hunting trip. He came back and described this mouse trap. I made one using a 5 gallon bucket, a small metal rod, peanut butter, two pop cans, scrap wood for a walk board and a gallon of used antifreeze. I put peanut butter on the walk board and pop cans.

Before anyone gets upset, its locked up in a building where kids, dogs and cats can't get to.

I think in Canada they may have used beer cans and a coat hanger.

Check my trap and found 8 mice sleeping in the antifreeze.
George

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Canadian version uses beer cans as we pour beer in the pail instead of antifreeze. Rather have the little b&ggers die happy.

Oliver 1655

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank-you guys I have GOT to have one. May substitute used cooking oil as the Lubricant.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ya, for sure.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 5 gallon bucket half full of water and a ramp will do the same thing. Float some dog food on the water. Rats and mice will smell the dog food, climb up the ramp to get to it, jump into the water, and because they cannot climb back up, they just go for a permanent swim.

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i think i need one of those,regular traps are not keeping up this year.

Bill(Wis)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You'd have to use something a bit stronger than beer in the winter unless you just want to have a skating party ready for the little critters. Vodka? Canadian Club? (;>))

Switchflicker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill(Wis) wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:56:57 11/27/12) You'd have to use something a bit stronger than beer in the winter unless you just want to have a skating party ready for the little critters. Vodka? Canadian Club? (;>))

A Seal walks into a bar and the bartender says 'What'll you have?

Seal says, 'Anything but a Canadian Club'!!

Maark

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The water works good until it freezes.

Bill in IL
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does it work for rats too?

I think I may have to give it a try.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bill in IL wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:17:59 11/27/12) Does it work for rats too?

I think I may have to give it a try.

YES! It works for rats, but check it at least once per day, 'cause the rats sink, and you might think it isn't working until you dump it out 4 days later, and then you'll know it is working.

Geo-TH,In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perhaps you could deep fry them and feed your cat fried mice.

My neighbor says his chickens like mice. Wouldn't think chickens are meat eaters.

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

when i was running the bait shop,my chickens stayed rolling fat on dead minnows. i think they will eat anything.

Moondoggie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chickens love mice and will play "keepaway" with them for hours! Wish my brother was easily amused like that. Then my parents would"nt have wanted me to be more like him.

WGWKy2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New and improved mouse trap. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Dad used traps like that useing 55gal. drums when he trapped muskrats, those old drums were dug in the river bank 20 years after he died.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters