Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

A little unsettling to see out your front window...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I live a block and a half out of the City of Minneapolis.
Different county even.
Not a through street so not a lot of traffic.
Sometimes the thugs do filter through though.
Must have been that tonight.
I just filmed the first minute or so
They were out there for about 30.
Perpatrator must have been fairly clean as they let him back in his car and drive away.
Kind of puts you in a holiday cheer in a way.
All those Christmas lights.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We've had more than our share of strange happenings here over the past few too, and we live far out in the country, comparitively speaking.

tomtirediron
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like good old Columbia Heights boys in blue? I lived with relatives on about 44th and Main was pretty quiet 15 years ago. Looks like no more.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd like the view better out my front window than in my rear view!

Bendee

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Must be happy with the PD this time, knowing they are on the job...

Ronald Anthony Anderson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to Maple Plain, Minn to pickup some corn stoves I bought and seen 6 different traffic pull overs on the way only 120 miles. Seems people are selectively disregarding rules like our politicians.

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ronald Anthony Anderson wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:11:16 11/28/12) I went to Maple Plain, Minn to pickup some corn stoves I bought and seen 6 different traffic pull overs on the way only 120 miles. Seems people are selectively disregarding rules like our politicians.

Bixby's? Yup, good stoves!

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be one of those stops where overly aggressive cops searches the car for no good reason.Must not have found anything or the driver wouldn't have left in their own car.

DiyDave

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen the local county PD, make a stop, at night, at our driveway. Coupla days later, I find white substance, in a twisted off baggie, in the lawn, where they was parked. Just shook my head, and emptied it out, sans plastic, into the drain. Somewhere down stream, the fishies are comfortably numb! I didn't call it in, cause, I think that I would have gotten some know it all operator, who would mis-interpret what I was sayiin, and end up bustin me for possession!

JRSutton
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I came home early from the office - as I approached my house there were at least 20 state police cars parked up and down both sides of the road - I could barely get through.

A state police helicopter was hovering 50 feet over my house - and three state policemen came out of my driveway on horseback.

My first thought was "my god, WHAT did I DO???" I almost turned and sped away, until common sense finally set in.

I pulled into my driveway and saw three or four cops poking around under my deck.

Turns out my elderly neighbor with alzheimers went missing, and they were searching for him.

I was utterly amazed at the effort they put into it. I never would have expected such a massive response for one old guy! Not that I don't value old guys - just really suprised me that others do! It was nice to see.

They brought more policeman in on several school busses to search on foot.

They ended up finding him several hours later wandering in a corn field about a mile away.

johndeerefan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Stories like these make me very happy to live out in the sticks where when you see a car you know they are coming to your house.

W4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: A little unsettling to see out your front window... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Igrew up in a small town in Mi. The local town policeman would follow us home at night and set in our driveway for a heart to heart talk with all his lights blinking away!! Try to explain that to your folks.Kept us on the straight and narrow. W4

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters