Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this 200 block repairable

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another tractor worth the money.?
Has new tires all the way around.He's asking 1K for it.
What would a bare block cost with a rebuild?
Click the link for the ad and it will take you to the craigslist ad and better photos
I have a super C and a 230
Untitled URL Link

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would be a nice addition...But the rear wheels look like Farmall H.What is hooked to the rear?Wts,wide front..a $500 tractor in my opinion.I could be wrong

Old-F20
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

blocks repairable. second what delta said on the rear wheels not being right.

id say 500 as well

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It has a fast hitch, maybe a 3pt adapter I waiting on a call from him.
They might be 38",I'll find out.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If its not cracked between the cycls and just behind the carb it can be fixed with fiberglass,J-B Weld or rubber cement. The mower B has worked for 12yrs with fiberglass. And another on has been fixed with rubber cement 10 yrs ago and both work just fine but if the crack is between the cycls thats another story.

Dave_Id
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It might be worth $500, but it could be just a can of worms to restore. Parts tractor at the most.

CenTex Farmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks like the crack keeps going to the right between the stud and the cylinder. I think you are in new block territory. The new tires are certainly nice. Looks like it's been sitting inside so there shouldn't be any weathering. It's more like you're buying tires and getting tractor parts on the side.

teddy52food
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

From what I can see in the picture, the head gasket would seal it. Depends on how far that crack goes.

steve_in_mo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks to me like the crack extends into the bore, so the block is done for. There are a lot of those blocks around, though. Those are some big rear tires on that tractor, probably worth the $1,000. It's worth pursuing if you get the three-point hitch.

Fritz Maurer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's more repairable than this block!!

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tracy,Susan's tractor(Chloe) block was cracked like that .The only 'repair' it got was a new head gasket.Trouble free for 5 years.....Your results may vary.Steve

LMack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not seeing the 2-Point Hitch yoke. The oversize tires indicate a pulling tractor so it will have a pulling hitch. The rear rims are not stock, notice the wedges. Scrap price at the max and you will not be getting much. He gave up on it because it was not cost effective to repair the cracked engine. I assure you that he would already have fixed the crack if it could be fixed. FYI there were no 1952 200 Farmalls. All were made in 1955. The grill says 200 but I would want to see the serial number. It may be an SC with a 200 grill.

CenTex Farmall
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Better get _Four_ tubes of JB weld for that one!

tntleake
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this 200 block repairable Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anything can be fixed, the question is "is it worth fixing?" I'm guessing that it would be cheaper to find a usable block and rebuild OR find a good running engine. You are an adult so shop around and get an idea of what an engine will cost you add that to the price of the tractor and add 20%. Do you want to buy that tractor for that amount of money? What else could you buy for the same money?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.