Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1550 issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oliver88pa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: 1550 issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My first issue is wiring. After replacing all the wiring and starting from scratch with the wiring diagram everything works great. SO I thought. The coolant gauge isn"t rising or moving after 5 min. Now yes I know it"s cold out but I feel the sensor is warm to touch. I also want to mention new Agco sensor and gauge. My question is what side of the gauge should the wire coming from the key switch be on? B or T? and should the gauge be grounded?

Also when I should the tractor off the carb fills up with gas and spills out the intake of the carb. Is the float stuck? does it need rebuilt?

Last question. I put a new governor rod on it and Im trying to find a good range. the first range was 800-2000rpm the second was 700-1800 which is better and should I ever need to go to pto speed 2200?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that rod is the right one,and the governor is good,you should be able to go through the whole range. You set the idle speed with the screw on the throttle plate. It's got a little spring on in,goes up against a pin on the back side of the carb.

There should be 19 coils between the stops on the rod from the throttle to the governor. Take the rod off from the governor to the carb. Push the throttle lever all the way ahead like you would if you were opening it up wide open. Now pull the rod so the butterfly in the carb is full open. At that point,it should be so that it's about a third of the diameter of it ahead of just slipping easily back in to the hole.

Oliver88pa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok I undersgand the adjustment on the carb. The other issue I had was I replaced the governor bearing it was shot. After replacing that I started to adjust the rod. It broke about all the way in. Arggh! So I found another adjustment rod off something else and welded the two together with lots of the same style of adjustment. So that being said who knows if the rod was adjusted properly before the gov bearing and then now after I made my own rod but it was very close to the original.
Do you see the need for the rpms to go above 2000?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't see where it Has to,no,not if you're happy with it.

As far as the carb issue,sounds like a stuck float. Could be just a speck of dirt needs to be blown out.

Oliver88pa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 issues Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok. I think for $20 kit ill just rebuild it. Thanks for all the help.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.